Style > Fashion

Jewelry Statement Pieces Everyone Needs In Their Collection ASAP

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Did you miss us? Because we missed you! This week’s article is all about jewelry. Jewelry is one of those things that really helps to elevate a look within seconds. Accessorizing your fit is truly one of the best play-ups no matter what season it is. So, here are my top 5 jewelry statement pieces everyone needs in their collection…like yesterday.

1. Gold Hoops

There is truly something so breathtaking about a pair of gold hoops. Every person has their own individual style of hoops they prefer whether that be plain, bulky, or twisted. Regardless of whichever style you lean toward, a pair of gold hoops is a must-have in every jewelry collection. They’re elegant when placed with a low bun, they accentuate the neck delicately when the hair is in a high bun and they add so much spice to a hoodie fit. They truly are the “It Girl” of jewelry.

2. Two-Toned Mechanical Watches

Ever since I was gifted my two-toned (silver & gold) mechanical watch, I have quite literally never taken it off.  Mechanical watches add so much personality to the wrist and they’re honestly so handy for actually telling time. Who would’ve thought? But in all seriousness, a mechanical watch is one of those staple pieces that once you own, you don’t really ever go back (in the best way possible). And maybe this is also a bit of the 90s fashion making a comeback?

3. Ear Cuffs

Literally one of the best jewelry inventions to ever exist, I’m not sure why more people don’t take advantage of them. There are honestly so many styles of cuffs available that you can really get unique by personalizing your own ear stack. I believe ear cuffs are easily one of the quickest and simplest ways to add expression to the ears without the reality of getting piercings.

4. Gold Necklace with a Small charm

Don’t get me wrong, a standard gold chain will forever be iconic, but I’m starting to realize the precious place gold necklaces with small charms hold within my own jewelry collection. A singular, small charm when placed on top of the collarbones, adds a type of gleam, unlike any other necklace, especially with diamonds or cubic zirconia. 

5. A Glitzed out band ring

Band rings with diamonds or crystals are a phenomenal way to elevate an entire look because they go with absolutely everything. What I specifically love about band rings is how beautiful they shine, regardless of the angle. They look flattering with all outfits, which makes them ideal for becoming a statement piece.

Choosing what jewelry tones suit you is also an important step toward building your jewelry staples. Gold tends to look the best in creams, black, and reds. Silver suits airy blue tones and crispy white tones. That’s all for this week. Until next time, stay uniquely you!

Mierra Freeman

Illinois '26

Hiya! My name is Mierra Freeman, and I am currently a sophomore studying sociology, while on the Pre-Law track. Although I want to pursue Criminal law as my career path, I have always had a passion and special place in my heart for all things beauty, self care, skincare, positivity, and fashion! I hope that together we are able to embark on this wonderful journey in the world of beauty and positivity. Never forget to stay uniquely you!!💗