Internship Outfit Idea

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Finding clothes that are appropriate for work or internships, especially in the summer, can be difficult because of skirt lengths.  I hope this post is helpful with thinking of some internship/work appropriate outfits.

What I wore: Blue ruffle bell sleeve top (from J. Crew) | White shift skirt (similiar from J. Crew) | Tortoise necklace (similar from J. Crew) | Black tote (from Tory Burch) | Gold flats (similar here)

The thing that I love about this outfit is that it is light weight and still looks professional because of the structured nature of the skirt.  The skirt, that I have linked above, is from J. Crew and it is one of their classic styles.  It looks like they discontinued the style, which I am so bummed about, but the skirt I linked above is similar and super cute.

Comfy shoes are another key factor in a work outfit.  These shoes are breathable and soft leather, giving them a lot of movement.  I can’t stand the hard sided flats that have been very popular over the last few years.  They always give me blisters

The last key aspect to this outfit, which I will have all summer, is my bag.  This Tory Burch tote is the perfect commuter bag.  It has a patten leather bottom that is easy to clean if I set my purse on the ground.  There are buttons along the top to ensure my belongings are safe and there are some pockets on the sides, which help keep my things organized.  I honestly have no complaints about the bag.

The things I am wearing are linked above so if you like anything you can buy it!