This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

We all love having our good days, but we can get hit with days that make us feel dreadful and tired. You wonder to yourself what else can you do to make yourself a bit happier. I will be giving a few recommendations on what you could do on days that you aren’t feeling your best.

Take yourself out

Sometimes going out can be difficult for some when they are feeling down, but if you are feeling up to it going out and taking yourself to one of your favorite restaurants would really help you. Even going out just to get your favorite snack or drink can help you get yourself out of a funk and maybe encourage you to get through the day.

Surround yourself by people

It can be difficult to surround yourself with people when you are in a funk and wanting to be alone but if you isolate yourself for too long you tend to become more negative and put yourself into a depressive episode. Although we do have people who thrive out of isolation and taking time to yourself; just remember that reaching out and hanging out with someone you love is always beneficial and helps you in the long run. Go out and join a RSO, intramural team, sorority, or go out with friends to get food, a drink or even go on a hot girl walk.

Go out on a walk

After covid hit many people started to care about their physical health and brought up many benefits. It helps clear your mind and helps you stay healthy. Going out on a walk helps you refresh and understand what you are going through, or it even helps you keep your mind free. You can always create a new playlist for these walks to help improve your mood or even help you understand your emotions even more.

Take a nap and take it slow

Sometimes you need to recharge and take things slow. Taking a short or long nap can help you feel recharge and give you motivation. I am an avid napper and I always feel a bit more productive after and it helps me continue my day as well as I can stay up later throughout the day if needed.

Journal/ Read / Organize yourself

I am an unorganized organized person and I love to write things down and make lists of what I need to do and what I should catch up on. As well as journaling allows you to learn more about yourself, remember your day, and let out your emotions. You can be as creative or simple as you would want, and you can journal digitally or on paper. Reading is also a great plus which allows you to keep your mind out of things that might be bothering you and helps you learn more and enjoy the time you have.

I am a recreation, sports and tourism major and will be concentrating in sports management as well as I will be working on research towards latino communities.