How to Style the ASOS Way

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

While searching the web, I came across ASOS Fashion Finder.  The website incorporates current hot pieces, what is trending now, SS14 trends, Street Style and more all into one website. I searched the site and came across many current trends and looks of the week. People upload pictures of their own looks if they are fashioning a trend of the time. It is easy to shop for the look if it is something that you adore. This website has all the latest trends and will keep you up to date on what is in style. To keep you in the loop, here are just a few of the styles trending off the ASOS website. For more trends, utilize ASOS Fashion Finder here at http://fashionfinder.asos.com.

Logo Mania

One big trend that is making its way back into our lives is 90s inspired style logos and slogan tee shirts. It takes a brand-loyal customer to rock this look. You can dress it up or play it down or throw on some ripped jeans and a beanie and call it a day. So, what better way to go around sporting your favorite designers than to rep their names on your shirts?  As one of the hottest trends for Spring 2014, how would you style this look? Check out this ASOS creation for inspiration!

Art Prints

Fashion has taken a whole new meaning on the term “art;” It is not only displayed on canvases anymore! We are living in a modern day world, and what better way to show off your artsy side than clothing? Designers have started to create their lines inspired by art. Art designs can incorporate anything from photography to graffiti. These unique pieces are guaranteed to have you stand out in a crowd. The first thing ASOS recommends: introduce brush stroke splashes, pop-art prints and bold colors into your wardrobe. You won’t be sorry you splurged on these one-of-a-kind pieces.

World Traveler

This current trend adopts exotic embellishments that make it seem as though you have traveled the world. Bring with you the feeling of travel and culture everywhere you go while styling your wardrobe with these pieces. ASOS incorporates hippie, market global prints and textures into their styles. They take on the “global goddess” trend by mixing bright prints and neutrals into their designs. This trend has a whole new outlook on the meaning “culturally diverse.”

Match Maker

Two separate pieces pulled together to make one look is on the must-try list for spring. There are so many styles you can pull off with this trend including pencil skirts paired with crop tops and full matching suit pieces as a start! No one ever said being matchy-matchy was a bad thing. These coordinated outfits will leave others lusting over your style. My personal favorite is styling bold, printed designs together; it creates such a uniform look. Check out this lady-like ensemble fashioned by ASOS.

To re-create these looks: