Holiday Gift Guide for Any College Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Shopping for college girls around the holidays can be stressful. Some are super picky and some just don’t know what they want. Take a look at this list of holiday gift items to get a few ideas for your college friend, girlfriend, or sister! 

1. Subscription boxes 

Subscription boxes are the gifts that keep on giving. It’s like Christmas that shows up in your school mailbox every month! Ipsy, Boxycharm, and FabFitFun are all great options for any college girl. 

2. Spotify Premium 

For anyone who’s music-obsessed, Spotify Premium is much needed. You can buy it in three-month packages for $30 for a gift or offer to pay the $5 a month (college student discount!) just for a year. 

3. Food Gift Cards 

McDonald’s, Jimmy John’s, Panda Express – wherever you want. It’s inevitable for college students to eat outside their dorm or apartment sometimes, but it’s no fun to spend money on it, which is why it’s such a great gift! 

4. Sorority Apparel 

Whether you choose to scour Etsy or sorority apparel websites, a girl can never have too many things with her letters on it. From sweatshirts to necklaces to water bottles, any wearable or useful gift will be much appreciated! 

5. Laptop Stickers 

Laptop stickers are fun, trendy, and make anyone’s laptop uniquely theirs. Sorority, hobbies, vines, or colleges are some fun ideas – they’re super cheap on RedBubble and Society6

6. Duplicates of Everyday Items 

To get a college girl something you know they’ll actually use, purchase them duplicates of things they’ll often use or lose. Chargers, headphones, phone cases, and portable chargers are all great options. 

7. Sperry Boots 

Depending on your price range for gifts, Sperry boots can be a perfect one for any college girl. They come in both neutral and fun colors and are insanely warm. They are somewhat expensive at full price, but Nordstrom Rack always has them for almost half price in the fall and winter! 

8. Airpods 

This is another more expensive item, but AirPods are both useful and durable. Just make sure you’re getting them for someone who won’t lose them! 

These holiday gift ideas are sure to be loved by any college girl. If they don’t know what they want, any of these options are sure to be a hit! 

Photo 1 | Photo 2 | Photo 3 | Photo 4 | Photo 5 

Hi there! I'm Kendall and I'm a sophomore in advertising at the University of Illinois. Aside from staying busy writing at my internship and running around campus, you can find me adding to my monthly Spotify playlists, listening to true crime podcasts, running at the arc, or having cozy movie nights with friends!
Gloriann Lance

Illinois '19

Hi! My name is Gloriann Lance and I am a senior at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. I am one of the two Campus Correspondents for the 2018-2019 school year and I have been on Her Campus for 3 years.