This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

There is a copious number of beauty tips and tricks that girls can make from scratch to improve their overall health and wellness. Pinterest offers a wide selection of “Do-it-Yourself” boards that help women recreate expensive products such as eyelash lengthener or Crest white strips. What’s amazing about these remedies is are the staple ingredients (such as olive oil, eggs, honey, sugar, or baking soda) that many people will already have in their kitchen.

Whiten Teeth

Ingredients:

• Baking soda
  • Toothpaste
  • Water

To lighten up those pearly whites, add a tablespoon of baking soda to the toothpaste you already use and some drops of water to your consistency preference, and brush onto teeth for 1-2 minutes. If you’ve never heard of this remedy before, you will be amazed at the power of baking soda! Continue brushing with this mixture every day for only one week and you will notice a whiter, brighter smile. After reaching your goal brightness, cut back and only use the mixture once a week or every other week, since it’s important to note that baking soda can damage tooth enamel if used too frequently.

Silky Legs

Ingredients:

• Sugar
  • Coconut or olive oil
  • Lemon

If you ladies have a date night or cuddle session in your near future, listen closely to have the softest legs you’ve ever felt! Simply mix together 1 ¼ cup sugar with ½ cup coconut or olive oil (whichever you have readily available) and 3 tbsp. lemon juice. Apply mixture on your legs in the shower, shave, then apply another layer before rinsing off. I tried this prior to writing this article just to be sure it wasn’t false advertising, and I promise you that anyone you’re snuggling up next to will not be able to take their hands off! I can’t wait to use this easy fix for my next date or event.

Repairing Hair Mask

Ingredients:

• Honey
  • Olive Oil

Mix ½ cup of honey with 1-2 tbsp. olive oil and massage into damp hair, paying close attention to the ends. Let the mixture soak in your hair for 10 minutes, then rinse out. Your once frazzled, damaged ends will now feel noticeably softer and will have a more luscious shine. The dynamic duo of honey and olive oil not only helps mend split ends, but can also help treat problem dandruff and seal in moisture to give your locks strength and shine.

Rejuvenating Face Mask

Ingredients:

• Coffee grounds
  • Honey

I’ve tried each of these home remedies, and this coffee face mask might just be my new favorite. In a small bowl, mix a tablespoon of coffee grounds with a tablespoon of honey and gently massage mixture onto your face in small circles. Leave the mask on for 20 minutes, and then rinse off with warm water. After drying my face, I was astonished at how tight and soft my face felt – it eliminated the size of my pores and left my face feeling fresh and moisturized. I’m definitely going to utilize this neat recipe whenever I need a little pick-me-up.