Floral Forward this Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Although you may be thinking florals for spring is quite obvious, this year does not have to be the typical cliché of boring prints. This spring, the way of incorporating florals into your wardrobe is different, but very exciting! Follow these tips and bring out the unexpected this season. Show off some color and chic patterns in your wardrobe for the warmer days to come!

I love this floral dress because it is a print, but it is subtle. There are many ways to incorporate floral patterns into your everyday outfits. For example, wear a neutral colored floral dress paired with an oversized sweater to keep things casual. It is perfect on days where the sun is shining but it is a bit windy. I would complete this look with low-top Converse and your favorite pair of sunglasses. This look is perfect for looking cute while being outside all day!

On the other hand, don’t be afraid to add color! Bring out the colors with your floral print by adding some neon! It is so easy to do because you don’t need to go overboard. You can simply add a neon cross body purse or a pair of neon sandals. One of my favorite ways to incorporate neon into your floral look is by adding a plain neon tank with patterned jeans or neon pants and a floral blouse. By incorporating a neon pop of color, you can make your prints stand out this season.

Floral shorts and jeans are a staple item that any girl must have in her closet. Some of my favorites are from J. Crew, since they have great patterned jeans for any occasion. Finding the perfect pair can be tricky, but make it a goal this season. Also, when it comes to jean shorts, every girl knows which type fits her body best. Whether it is high-waisted or low-rise, a pair of floral shorts to incorporate into your wardrobe is a must.

Rompers this season are the craze. They are so simple to throw on with virtually anything! You can dress them up or down, depending on your shoes and accessories. If the romper is a bold, full print, tone it down by pairing it with a jean jacket. Try throwing on some wedges and wear it for a night out! Rompers are easy and very fashion forward. They are an absolute must for this spring.

My favorite trend for this season is florals and stripes. It is unexpected to pair a fun floral with a classic stripe, but if you can pull it off the right way, I definitely encourage it this spring. Mixing patterns can be risky, but go for it! Spring is for perfect weather and new adventures so do not hold back when it comes to your outfit.

Photo Sources:

http://www.cottonpopsock.com/portfolio/cute-outfit-would-be-perfect-for-springsummer-cream-cardi-and-pretty-floral-dress-not-too-sure-about-the-hat-as-im-not-really-a-hat-person-1403070856583/

http://herfashionlikes.com/2013/10/29/blue-base-ladies-floral-shorts/

http://whimfashionblog.wordpress.com/2014/01/21/20-looks-that-are-trending-for-spring-2014/