The First Annual HC Illinois Fund Raising Event

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

You are cordially invited to the first ever Her Campus Illinois event benefiting Rape Advocacy, Counseling and Education Services (R.A.C.E.S.) in Urbana! Please join the Her Campus Illinois staff and Illini Public Relations Association on Wednesday, April 20 at The Clybourne from 8 to 11 p.m. to raise money for a great local cause and celebrate the end of the year!

Her Campus Illinois is especially excited to be teaming up with R.A.C.E.S for this event. This local organization aims to empower women.  Women who have been victims of sexual assault are able to receive counseling, education and advocacy through this amazing organization.

According to the R.A.C.E.S website, every 2 minutes someone in the United States is sexually assaulted and 80 percent of sexual assault victims are under the age of 30.  To college age women, these are very startling statistics.  The services that R.A.C.E.S provides are a huge benefit to the community and Her Campus Illinois is honored to help such an amazing organization.

Here are some of the reasons why you won’t want to miss the event:

One Dollar You-Call-Its: Forget Kams on Wednesday night, we have the best deal in town! Her Campus Illinois is excited to offer you one-dollar drinks all night so you can party on the cheap.

Great raffle prizes: Everybody who comes to the event will receive a free raffle ticket.  You also have the opportunity to buy more tickets for $1 each.  Some of our raffle prizes include $100 to Urban Outfitters, $100 to Classic Tan, gift cards to some of the best restaurants on campus and more!

DJ Milk and Cookies: The beloved DJ-ing duo will be providing music at Her Campus Illinois’ event! Come out and bring your friends to hear the great mixes they have in store.  DJ Milk and Cookies will be spinning all night!

Apple Photo booth: Apple has been gracious enough to allow the use of one of their photo booths for the event.  You and your friends can take tons of fun pictures to remember the great night.

Her Campus Illinois has seen enormous success this school year thanks to its readers! We would love to thank all of our supporters and give back to the community at this event.  Please come out on Wednesday, April 20to The Clybourne from 8 to 11 p.m.  Tickets can be purchased from any Her Campus representative or at the door!

Check out our Facebook Event for a full list of our giveaways!