Finals: When Pizza is Needed More Than Ever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

During the dreaded finals season, pizza vendor delivery trucks haul through Champaign-Urbana to deliver cheesy, gooey deliciousness to all as we cram for our philosophy paper and study for some gen-ed final. Here is a guide to the top five pizza places on campus, along with student recommendations, to satisfy your late-night cravings.

1. Papa Del’s

Location: 206 E. Green St., Champaign

Phone Number: (217) 359-7700

Hours: 10:30 a.m. – 11 p.m.

Recommendation: Taylor Sabatini, freshman in LAS, said she loves Papa Del’s because, “They have really good Chicago style, deep-dish pizza.”

2. Manolos

Location: 1115 W. Oregon St., Urbana

Phone Number: (217) 365-0110

Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 a.m.

Recommendation: Karyna Rodriguez, sophomore in the College of Media, said, “Manolo’s is great for a quick slice after the bars.”

3. Pizza M

Location: 208 W. Main St., Urbana

Phone Number: (217) 202-1919

Hours: 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.

Recommendation: If you’re looking for creative artisan pizza, Pizza M is the way to go. They have new specials every week, and you can never get bored experimenting with different pizzas. They use local, fresh ingredients as well!

“The best part of Pizza M is that you can also get incredible coffee,” Sarah Mowitz, junior, said. “Pizza M is a step up from Manolos because you can get really interesting pizza toppings, but done really well.”

(Insert photo here: http://zippizzapages.com/images/logos/jets-pizza-logo-lrg.png)

4. Jet’s Pizza

Location: 401 W. Kirby Ave., Champaign

Phone Number: (217) 352-333

Hours: On weekends, they deliver from 10 a.m. to 3 a.m. and until 11 p.m. on weekdays.

Recommendation: The eight-corner pizza is a student favorite along with hand- tossed crust.

(Insert photo here: http://dfwtimes.com/assets/1a1112.jpg)

5. Domino’s

Location: 102 E. Green St., Champaign

Phone Number: (217) 355-0717

Hours: On the weekends, they will deliver from 10 a.m. to 4 a.m. and until 3 a.m. on weekdays

Recommendation: If you are looking for a cheaper option, Domino’s is the way to go. “They have the best garlic crust, and they’re cheap because there are always coupons,” Emily Aman, sophomore in the College of Business, said.

6. DP Dough

Location: 33 E. Green St., Champaign

Phone Number: (217) 365-9663

Hours: On weekends, they will deliver from 11 a.m. to 3 a.m. and they will deliver until 1 a.m. on the weekdays.

Recommendation: If you are looking to break out of the typical pizza mode, calzones are the way to go. Samantha George, freshman, said “they let me put things in the calzone that I bought myself. One time, I brought marshmallows and chocolate chips and they made a smores and bacon calzone for me. My love for them is real.”

19-year-old news addict and alternative music fan | News-Editorial student at University of Illinois | News reporter for The Daily Illini, staff writer for Pizza FM and news writer for Her Campus Magainze.