Fashion Blog: Jump Into Fall With Fresh Ankle Boots

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Boy, do I love the brisk fall weather and all that accompanies it, especially with regards to fashion! Cozy sweaters, cute cardigans, tights, and one of my favorite forms of footwear: ankle boots! Lucky for all of us, ankle boots are totally acceptable to wear during the transition from summer to fall, so let’s take a look at some options!

Jeffrey Campbell, one of my favorite footwear designers, never fails to deliver. This Rampart boot is just amazing! The reptile texture is a great way to upgrade otherwise plain black boots. The chunky 3-inch heel makes it wearable, and makes them more casual and wearable for everyday. You can trot around comfortably around campus from David Kinley Hall to the Digital Computer Laboratory and not sacrifice your feet in the process! There are no zippers, and the elastic, reminiscent of the popular Chelsea boots last fall, makes it easy to pull on and off.

Leather, spikes, and studs? Yum! I’ve been coveting these Sam Edelman Pax boots since they debuted last fall. The spikes, studs, and other adornments make these boots interesting and eye-catching! They will definitely attract some attention.

These Sam Edelman Louie boots with fringes on the side add some extra western flair. What a perfect choice for a barndance! Pair these with a denim jacket (or a denim vest if it’s warm out) and a cute sundress and you’re good to go. Cowboy hat optional! Caution: you’ll be sure to catch the eye of the sheriff!

And if you’re willing to commit to a $575 splurge, here are the highly coveted Acne Pistol SH boots that have been popping up in all my bookmarked blog reads. They’re simple and sleek and the 3-inch heel gives you a little boost. These are the perfect boots to pair with casual as well as more formal outfits. They’re a closet staple.