FASHION: Are You Lollapalooza Ready?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

The first weekend of August is almost here, and you must know what that means: it’s Lollapalooza time! Summer in Chicago is one of the best times of the year, especially because of this three-day festival full of  a wide variety of music, great weather and inspiring fashion. Festival season is in full force, so don’t be afraid to embrace the flower crowns and crochet crop tops. 

Whether you’re preparing to camp out in the front row for your all-time favorite band that’s performing, or if you’re reuniting with your best friends from school, festivals are one of everyone’s favorite summertime activities. It’s also the perfect time to embrace the versatility of festival attire. So ladies, break out your cutest pair of high-waist shorts, crop tops and favorite sunglasses, because three days of festivities are quickly approaching! 

The key to being Lollapalooza-ready is your outfit. You want to look feminine and fun, but still stay classy. As shown above, wearing a black, halter crop top is an awesome way to stay cool during long festival days in the Chicago heat and humidity. This is also a great way to show off your tan you’ve been working on all summer. Pairing this top with high-waisted shorts that aren’t too short or revealing is the way to go. A comfortable pair of sandals that will stay on your feet are perfect for standing and dancing for three straight days.

If you don’t want to look like virutally everyone else running around this festival, switch it up with a bold dress! This one pictured above is super fun with all the bright colors and cutouts.  Don’t be afarid to embrace something you otherwise wouldn’t, that’s what this weekend is all about! Flowy skirts will also look awesome with crop tops and sandals. Try to play with a different item of clothing each day of the festival. Jean shorts one day, a cutout dress the next and finish the weekend up with a patterend circle skirt. 

As far as accessories go, keeping it simple is the smartest decision you will make this weekend. You don’t want to lose your nice jewelry while dancing the day away. Some of my festival favorites are boho headbands and fun arm candy, like DIY friendship bracelets. Just make sure your jewelry choices are ones that will stay on your body and you won’t mind getting a little dirty. A satchel or cross-body bag is ideal. You can even rock a fanny pack if you’re brave enough! If you’re questioning if your outfit is too out there, just remember that during festival season, anything goes!