Allie sitting on the floor with Love, Taylor projection
Photo by Allie, @reckedmaserati on X

Entrepreneurial Mindset In Love: Business Strategies For Relationship Success

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Love wouldn’t be complicated after all if we just decided to strategize intent, and form conscious partnerships. It doesn’t have to be a pen-and-paper contract, or an office protocol but having a few entrepreneurial tactics up your sleeves while approaching romance can get as good as a watermelon popsicle on a hot summer afternoon.

In this article, I am going to cover some effective growth-tracking and communication strategies that can brew romantic blends between people.

Often the first step to understanding any kind of market in the business world is analyzing current trends, and the “partnership market” is not any different. According to an article written by psychologist, Meaghan Rice, communication has been the number one factor that leads to withered relationships. Whether in the corporate or the romantic world, effective communication can cure so many unspoken verbal illnesses. Effective communication is mainly about transparency and feedback. Anytime a part of a conversation feels void, or overthinking kicks in, no matter with whom, it is always a good idea to ask or talk about it to make sure all the parties are on the same page. With that comes feedback, now just like how proposals and deliverables need constant feedback for new and better iterations, any kind of relationship will also need the people in it to give each other constructive feedback to improve. 

Ryan Gosling and Margot Robbie in Barbie
Warner Bros. Pictures

Next comes goal-setting. No corporate endeavor, or even a small group project can measure its success without setting clear objectives to reach by the end of the task. That’s why setting goals with your partner can help eliminate any uncertainty and differences in expectations, and priorities as you navigate your love life beyond the book. And of course, setting milestones to reach together can be quite a fun date activity too. Oftentimes we sort of forget how conscious the quality time we spend with someone is, so doing something memorable and outlining goals together can sure be a wonderful thing to bond and share laughs over.

Now lastly, and most importantly, mutual growth. Every entrepreneurial ambition is valued by its scalability and financial growth, similarly, relationships should have their stakeholders benefit from each other through mutual growth. This could include making adaptable decisions and collaborating with each other to make those changes for a better romantic and personal life outcome. Flexibility is a condition that should be natural to any relationship or friendship, and figuring out the extent of its share in your case could be essential for compromise and mutual support.

By and large, just like how most unexpected events in life are intertwined, we made yet another connection today: Business and Love!

Romantic challenges need not always be off-putting, or scary; they can be fun and educational. With all the corporate communication and growth-scaling strategies on the line, applying them to relationships and friendships this Valentine’s Day should be a giddy lifestyle principle.

Hi, I am Jana! I am a sophomore in Electrical Engineering and Business, and I am largely invested in fashion, lifestyle, and food, so I share in writing what I see and like for everyone to share a part of my enthusiasm. I love uncovering new avenues to life, and write about anything that challenges my outlook. Make sure to keep an eye out for my future articles!