The Coveted VS Fashion Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

After viewers watched the highly anticipated Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, or better known as “the sexiest show on television” that aired Tuesday, November 29, 2011, female Facebook user’s changed their statuses to posts like: “Never eating again. I want to be a Victoria’s Secret Angel.” Although we all cannot have the long legs and killer bods that the Angels were blessed with, the hour-long show was filled with energy as the Angels strut down the runway in creative and flashy outfits.

There were six themes for this year’s show, starting out with the Angels as ballerinas gracefully walking in tutus and pointe shoes.

The next theme was Super Angels with bright colored capes and heroic wings filling the runway. Following Super Angels was Passion, a theme based off of bold reds and yellows with a taste of Indian satin and gold beaded jewelry.

Aquatic Angels was a scene from under the sea with blues, aquas, pinks and purples swimming around fish scales on bras and panties and even fins in the collection.

I Put A Spell On You featured a dark Victorian theme filled with lace and pinstripes and with umbrellas polishing the final look for the Angels.

The last theme of the night was Club Pink showcasing florescent colors and sparkles, neon lighted wings as Nicki Minaj sang her hit, “Superbass.”

Other performers of the night included Maroon 5 playing Moves Like Jagger and lead singer, Adam Levine showing affection to his girlfriend VS Angel, Anne Vyalitsina. He sealed her blue, sparkly butterfly number with a kiss at the end of the runway.

Jay-Z and Kayne West also performed their new song during the fashion show as well, making this year’s program one to enjoy.

Just under a year after giving birth to son Flynn, Angel Miranda Kerr wore the Fantasy Treasure Bra this year looking fit and just as sexy as the rest of the models.

Reported from CBS News the Fantasy Treasure Bra is worth $2.5 million dollars with about 3,400 hand-set gems.

With new PINK attire and hot trends hitting the runway for 2011, it will be interesting to see what is in store for future fashion shows. 

Emily Cleary is a 22-year-old news-editorial journalism major hoping to work in the fashion industry, whether that be in editorial, marketing, PR or event planning is TBD. With internships at Teen Vogue and StyleChicago.com, it's clear that she is a fashion fanatic. When she's not studying (she's the former VP of her sorority, Delta Delta Delta), writing for various publications or attending meetings for clubs like Business Careers in Entertainment Club, Society of Professional Journalists, The Business of Fashion Club, or for her role as the Assistant Editor of the Arts & Entertainment section of her school's magazine, she's doing something else; you will never find her sitting still. She loves: running (you know those crazy cross-country runners...), attending concerts and music festivals, shopping (of course), hanging out with friends, visiting her family at home, traveling (she studied abroad in London when she was able to travel all over Europe), taking pictures, tweeting, reading stacks and stacks of magazines and newspapers while drinking a Starbuck's caramel light frappacino, blogs and the occasional blogging, eating anything chocolate and conjuring up her next big project. Living just 20 minutes outside of Chicago, she's excited to live there after graduation, but would love to spend some time in New York, LA, London or Paris (she speaks French)!