Cool New Stuff For You On Comedy Central

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Do you ever find yourself wondering how you can be less like yourself and more like somebody better? Fortunately, Nathan Fielder teaches us these valuable lessons, among many more equally as important and occasionally heartfelt lessons, in Comedy Central’s new show Nathan for You! Always remember that you can only be considered cool if you’re up with all the hottest new spring-time television and music releases – so read up! 

Nathan for You: Nathan Fielder (Jon Benjamin Has a Van) offers struggling small-businesses marketing advice combining next-level satire shielded by seemingly simple jokes all while maintaining a straight-faced character. He presents his plan to the business-owners, usually to their dismay. After he makes them go along with it, his plans not only usually work (if only for a little while) but also cause funny and unique situations to emerge. Each episode shows Nathan lending his outlandish helping hand to two different businesses. If you’re unlucky enough to have missed the first 5 episodes already, at least you’ve only missed 5! Nathan is on Thursday nights at 9:30 and is the best new show on TV so you may as well just watch it already! 

Wavves: Pop-punk band Wavves’s sophomore album Afraid of Heights dropped yesterday and is currently streaming on NPR. Wavves originally began recording the album without a label and ended up with Mom + Pop backing it. Their 2010 album King of the Beach was a classic summer turn-up and I have no doubt that Afraid of Heights will reach the same status. With tons of catchy melodies and “wOoOoO’s” it’s bound to capture the hearts of any surf-rock-loving kewl kid. Favorite Song: “Paranoid”