This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

As the weather cools, comfy sweaters and cute jeans get to replace our summer wardrobes. While this yearly change in fashion can be exciting, finding the perfect fall pieces can sometimes be a struggle. However, with the right stores in mind, great deals and comfy clothes can be just a shopping trip away. Here are a few stores with outfits perfect for the chilly season.

Dry Goods

While on the pricier side, this boutique-style store has a variety of great selections for sweaters, jackets, and just about anything else a shopper may want. With a mature style throughout, finds from this store could be worn in a variety of ways. For pieces with the versatility to dress up or down throughout the fall and winter months, Dry Goods is a great place to look.

H&M

For shoppers on a budget, H&M can actually be a great place to find quality clothes for cheap. Their basic line of knit sweaters are typically found for under $20 and can be worn with just about anything. Additionally, for college students on the hunt for warmer, business-casual attire, H&M has a fairly large selection of dress pants and blazers. With a huge selection of basic items and dressier options, H&M’s popularity should not be overlooked.

Aerie

Aerie is a great store to stop at for shoppers looking for the coziest outfits this fall. With leggings, sweaters, and athleisure being the store’s staples, Aerie is essentially a one stop shop for comfy attire. Their new arrivals are catering to the season, with Christmas-themed options already popping up on their website.

Aeropostale

Another store with sales and low prices nearly everyday is Aeropostale. Despite having a relatively small selection in their stores, cute cardigans and comparatively low-priced jeans are never too hard to find at one of their locations. Additionally, their cami tank tops are perfect for layering and can be found for only a few dollars.

Box Lunch

For anyone looking for fandom clothing, from Harry Potter sweaters to Nightmare Before Christmas decor, Box Lunch is the store for you. While fall fashion can be aesthetic and Instagram-worthy, throwing on clothes that remind you of something you love is just as stylish. While Box Lunch locations are not as prevalent as some of the other stores mentioned on this list, it is definitely worth stopping in if you find yourself near one.

Illini Union Bookstore

What is better than showing off school spirit in style with oversized Illini sweaters? While not always the most stylish choice, throwing on UIUC merch when it gets chilly out is an easy way to beat the cold. Seeing the sea of students in orange and blue as the weather cools is a testament to the ease of Illini outfits.

Haley Maser

Illinois '26

I am a freshman at UIUC majoring in journalism. I am a member of the editorial and marketing teams for Her Campus.