This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Today, there are so many choices when it comes to picking your “go-to” beauty products. However, it doesn’t take a beauty product guru to take notice of one brand in particular when browsing through the makeup aisles. Benefit Cosmetics has had a standout appearance and outlook on makeup from the beginning. Their adorable packaging clad with witty slogans practically jumps out at you and asks you to buy it.

The brand took off in 1976, behind the minds of the Ford twins, Jean & Jane. The two sisters had a “fun-loving, free-spirited and totally NEW approach to beauty.” Since the start of the brand, every single one of Benefit’s products perfectly demonstrates all three of these qualities.

Personally, I am unable to walk into a Benefit Cosmetics Boutique or beauty store aisle and not grin. Every single one of their products seems to have a story behind it, drawing customers in from the start. The quality of Benefit products do not fall short of their fabulous and standout packaging. You really can’t go wrong with any products from the Benefit line; however, there are some products that stand out in their ability to make just about every girl swoon.

Benetint and Posetint are two of Benefit’s fan-favorite products. The versatility behind these products allows you to add the perfect amount of color and highlight to the face. Benetint gives any face the perfect flush, while Posetint is a bit lighter and adds a subtle, poppy hue. As with any Benefit product, these two tints are in the most adorable, little bottles. These products can be used on both cheeks and lips, making them incredibly useful in your daily makeup routine.

Another Benefit favorite is the They’re Real mascara. Some say that all mascara is the same; however, that is not the case for this tube. The unique brush has staggered bristles that grab close to the lash, creating voluminous lashes. The jet-black formula does not clump or dry out. This is definitely worth a try, and although the price point is higher than some competitors, it does not fall short.

It is difficult for you to go wrong with any of the Benefit products. When it comes to cosmetics, the truth is that you must experiment with all products to find what works best for you. Benefit is always reminds girls that makeup is supposed to be fun! Every product has a catchy and cute name that definitely goes along with their feel-good philosophy. Benefit helps you to enjoy the process of putting on makeup. These are products that really work and make you smile at the same time, and hey, that’s what is all about! Founders Jean & Jane have always said: “laughter is the best cosmetic, so grin and wear it”. So, what are you waiting for?