This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

You are running late and have a full day of classes ahead of you. You throw on your favorite sweater, pull your hair into a messy bun, grab your make-up bag and sprint out the door. Going to class isn’t like going to prom, but who doesn’t want to look presentable when sitting in a lecture of 200 people?  I’m not a high maintenance girl, but I try to keep the makeup essentials on me. Mix and match these ‘lust’ and ‘must’ cosmetics and freshen up your look. These are the ultimate make-up necessities for an on-the go girl. 

1. All-over Concelear
Lust: Benefit Erase Paste $26
This product holds true to its name.  Cover up any blemish with just a dab of this! Gives you a flawless finish.

Photo

Must: L’Oreal True Match Concealer $7
L’Oreal True Match looks natural on your skin. It’s super easy to blend and goes on smoothly. Comes in a variety of shades to match your skin tone perfectly.

2. Bronzer
Lust: Laura Mercier $34
This bronzer gives you a healthy glow. Apply a little and you will instantaneously have that sun-kissed summer look.
Must: Rimmel Sun Bronze $5
Not looking to break the bank?  Pick up this bronzer at your local drugstore. It’s a light, natural color that will have you feeling tan and fabulous all over. Includes SPF!

3. Mascara
Lust: Christian Dior Show $24
Ranked by InStyle as the best overall mascara in 2011, this mascara elongates your lashes and gives you that ultra-glam look. Definitely worth the investment!
Must: L’Oreal Voluminous Lashes $7
This mascara thickens the lashes and defines your eyes. Glides on smoothly and makes every lash clump-free.

Photo

4. Tinted Lip Balm
Lust: Tarte $16
Treat your lips to this glossy lip balm! Has that classic sheer look that’s perfect for day or night.
Must: Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm $6
A must-have in every girl’s purse. This eco-conscious, natural ingredient lip balm gives your lips a fabulous shimmer! Plus, it comes in a huge tube that will last you forever!

Photo

5. Eye-Liner
Lust: Urban Decay $18
It may be a pencil but it glides on smoothly like a gel. Urban Decay eyeliner does a great job intensifying your eyes. Comes in a variety of fun and vibrant colors.
Must: Alamy $8
This eyeliner is equipped with a handy sharpener so you’ll never have a dull pencil! Shapes and defines your eyes to perfection.

Emily Cleary is a 22-year-old news-editorial journalism major hoping to work in the fashion industry, whether that be in editorial, marketing, PR or event planning is TBD. With internships at Teen Vogue and StyleChicago.com, it's clear that she is a fashion fanatic. When she's not studying (she's the former VP of her sorority, Delta Delta Delta), writing for various publications or attending meetings for clubs like Business Careers in Entertainment Club, Society of Professional Journalists, The Business of Fashion Club, or for her role as the Assistant Editor of the Arts & Entertainment section of her school's magazine, she's doing something else; you will never find her sitting still. She loves: running (you know those crazy cross-country runners...), attending concerts and music festivals, shopping (of course), hanging out with friends, visiting her family at home, traveling (she studied abroad in London when she was able to travel all over Europe), taking pictures, tweeting, reading stacks and stacks of magazines and newspapers while drinking a Starbuck's caramel light frappacino, blogs and the occasional blogging, eating anything chocolate and conjuring up her next big project. Living just 20 minutes outside of Chicago, she's excited to live there after graduation, but would love to spend some time in New York, LA, London or Paris (she speaks French)!