This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

1. Billie Eilish

Now this one might be a bit obvious, but Eilish is on the move. Billie’s release of “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?” was a smash hit and since then, she has revolutionized pop music. By creating songs like “bad guy,” Eilish got the music industry thinking and made other musicians work harder for more authentic and interesting sounds. Not only did she, as a teenager, sweep the Grammys this year, every single she has released since has been a radio hit. If you’re not already on her train, sit down and listen to her latest album. Billie’s career is just getting started and she’s going to be making an impact on the music industry for the foreseeable future. 

billie eilish award gif
Giphy

2. Flo Milli

With the increase in popularity of female rap, this is not a shocker either. Megan the Stallion, Cardi B and Nikki Minaj are just the surface of women empowerment coming from the music industry. With the increasing popularity of rap music as a whole and the rise in confidence boosting, female rap is seriously making an impact on the music industry. Milli’s music is the type of feel good music you cannot help but blast when you’re having a girls night. As a 20 year old, she has already released one full studio album along with several mixed tapes on various platforms. Flo Milli is definetly going to be keep pushing the envelope, creating hits and making all women feel like the dominant bombshells they are. Don’t be surprised when you hear Flo Milli on the radio soon. She’s going to be around for a while. 

girl power 1
Kristen Bryant / Her Campus

3. Avenue Beat

From Tiktok wannabes to radio hits, Avenue Beat is just getting their big break. With the song “F2020″ going viral on the newest craze in social media, the group certainly has certainly earned their rise to fame. Avenue Beat is a country-pop band that has two EPs out now along with several singles. Their first big hit, “I Don’t Really Like Your Boyfriend” became a popular audio on TikTok during quarantine and then with the release of “F2020” they were able to get themselves on the radio. The latter song mentioned is, obviously, very relatable to the current world situation. Avenue beat will definitely continue to make music with catchy choruses and relatable lyrics. They’re a group that is certainly worth checking out. 

Photo by Kon Karampelas on Unsplash

At the University of Illinois, I am privileged to be writing as a Blogger for Her Campus. Specifically about me, I am a dog lover, coffee drinker, and life enthusiast. Thank you for reading and if you want to see more of me- @xzoelewis will get you to me on all platforms.
The official page for the University of Illinois Her Campus chapter.