A Foolproof Christmas Gift Guide For Your Friends

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Though it might seem ages away, for those who celebrate, Christmas is slowly but surely approaching. I know exactly how it feels to get caught up in the thick of finals season, feeling like days are getting shorter and shorter, and always carrying the mental load of not knowing what to get any of your friends for the holidays during this tumultuous time of the year. So, to make this year’s holiday season just a little less stressful, I created a basically foolproof guide to help find the perfect gifts for all your friends this year.  

THE MAKEUP AND SKINCARE GIRLIES 

I’m sure every friend group has at least one person obsessed with keeping up with the newest makeup and skincare items. For my friend group, that’s me! Here are a few things to get your beauty guru bestie that I’m sure they’ll love.  

This one is a bit boring, but you can never go wrong with a Sephora gift card. Especially if you don’t know what your friend may or may not have a gift card is always a safe option.  

This lip product is going viral right now and it’s no secret why. This is the ultimate one-and-done product. It is a beautiful gloss with a stunning color range, and I know it surely won’t disappoint.

Also viral for all the right reasons, this lip balm glides on like butter, is tinted and is so nourishing. Any makeup or skincare queen would love to have this in her collection 

earrings, makeup and hair ties and accessories in a wooden drawer
Original photo by Grace Pellock

STREETWEAR AND FASHION ICONS 

I know taste preferences vary a lot for fashion, but any streetwear lover or even casual dresser would love a hoodie from Akimbo. You can’t really go wrong with a nice hoodie. These hoodies are high quality and shaped to fit all body types really well.  

• Thrifted Style Bundle

For friends who love to wear vintage or thrift clothing, make them a style bundle! Find them pieces with unique textures, patterns and styles and tailor them to their tastes. Even if you can’t find good pieces at local thrift stores, places like eBay, Poshmark and Depop sell great secondhand pieces.  

THE LULULEMON AND COFFEE RUN QUEENS 

Lululemon offers so many colors and styles of tank tops, and they’re so versatile to wear! None of these choices would be wrong to choose from.  

• A gift card to a local coffee shop 

If you have a small café in the area, it’s always a good idea to show them some support and fuel your friend’s caffeine addiction while you’re at it! Nothing screams happiness more than a free cup of coffee.  

This one could pretty much never go wrong for anyone. Getting a fuzzy blanket is like getting a warm hug whenever you want. Bonus points if it has a cute design on it like these ones from Urban Outfitters.  

And there you have it! That’s my foolproof gift guide for everyone in your friend group. Now that you have an idea of what to get them, you can spend less time stressing over gifts and more time getting into the Christmas spirit! 

Haley Kharvari

Illinois '27

Hi! My name is Haley Kharvari and I'm a freshman at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I'm majoring in economics and legal studies, on the pre-law track. My hometown is Schaumburg, Illinois, a Chicago suburb. In my free time love to rock climb, thrift, bake, and more!