This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Have you ever been watching a movie or TV show and wondered how on earth the star couple is not together in real life? The chemistry seems so real and drives us to become invested in the relationship. While most of the time these romances are strictly for entertainment, there are a few rare cases when two costars find true love in the artificial portrayal of a relationship. Here are seven celebrity couples that you didn’t know met on set!

1. Blake Lively & Ryan Reynolds

It only makes sense that two of the most flawless people in the world are together. The married couple, now with two children, initially met on the set of The Green Lantern and have been making us jealous ever since. 

2. Lili Reinhart & Cole Sprouse

A true dynamic duo: taking down the Black Hood, solving murder mysteries, and on the hunt for the Gargoyle King. Reinhart and Sprouse sparked rumors towards the beginning of the filming of Riverdale and have proven just how adorable they are through Instagram tributes and red-carpet appearances together. 

3. Camila Mendes & Charles Melton

They must be putting something in the milkshakes at Pop’s because these two also met on the set of Riverdale. Calling her “Baby Dragon” to demonstrate her cute but psycho personality is pretty much the only way that we can relate to this high-profile couple. (Also pictured: KJ Apa because the abs and the pizza make for the perfect photo.)

4. Mila Kunis & Ashton Kutcher

Ironically enough, Kunis and Kutcher dated on the show they starred in together, That 70’s Show. However, the two were just great friends with no relationship beyond that. After a divorce and a failed relationship, rumors started to arise and the two confirmed their relationship. 

5. Jenna Dewan & Channing Tatum

Dewan and Tatum danced their way into each other’s hearts in the movie Step Up. They were married in 2009 and later had a daughter. Unfortunately, the pair announced their separation. 

6. Miley Cyrus & Liam Hemsworth

The only thing that makes a chick flick better is knowing that the couple in the movie is a couple in real life. Finding their way back together after break ups, wild phases, and crazy haircuts was destined as their love story unwound on screen of The Last Song. 

7. Gwen Stefani & Blake Shelton

The pop culture and country world collided as these two found love on The Voice. 

Photo 1 I Photo 2 I Photo 3 I Photo 4 I Photo 5 I Photo 6 I Photo 7

Gloriann Lance

Illinois '19

Hi! My name is Gloriann Lance and I am a senior at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. I am one of the two Campus Correspondents for the 2018-2019 school year and I have been on Her Campus for 3 years.