5 Things To Look Forward To During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Finals are quickly approaching us here at UIUC, and they never fail to bring on stress and sleep-deprivation. We are all looking forward to that day when our study schedules and to-do lists can be tossed out the windows.

Getting through the week of exams can be tough, but there are ways to make it easier. Here are five things that can be your light at the end of the finals tunnel!

1. Going Home/Celebrating the Holidays

The best motivation to study for those finals is thinking about sitting on your couch back at home and having a mom-cooked meal waiting on the table for you. So when your butt is stuck to the chairs at the UGL, think of the hours of television you’ll be watching in the comfort of your own home in just a few days.

2. A Good Read

After reading lecture slides and skimming textbooks, reward yourself with an enjoyable read that won’t make your brain hurt! “Divergent” and “The Book Thief” are two good and easy reads. Both of these stories have been turned into movies debuting this winter. So before you see it on the big screen, revel in your post-finals glory with these great books!

3. Buying a New Outfit

With all the holiday parties you’ll be attending at home, you’re going to need an outfit to get you through them! Push through finals with the thought of a big shopping spree in the future. When you need a short study break, browse online to get an idea of what you’ll buy yourself after your ace your last test.

4. Going Out

You’ve spent enough nights cooped up in the library dreaming of blue guys. Once finals are over, head out and actually taste one. Going out in Champaign is always an easy way to brighten your mood, so why not stick with an old standby? Grab your friends and find out who’s working the door so you can get in for free, and reward yourself for your hard work this semester.

5. Baking a Holiday Treat

Cooking and baking can be extremely relaxing and therapeutic. When you’re browsing Pinterest during your marathon study sessions, find a recipe that makes your mouth water. After finals are over put on your apron and make that tasty treat you’ve been craving all week.

There’s no doubt that finals week can be traumatic. But coming up with the fun things you’ll do once exams are over can help you get through the end of the semester.  Look forward to these end-of-semester moments and finals will fly right by!

Mary Alex is a senior at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She is studying communication, public relations and theatre. When not writing for Her Campus, Mary Alex loves to run, read and see plays. She also has a weakness for peanut butter, is a huge Cubs fan, and has seen every episode of Gilmore Girls multiple times.