This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Looking to amp up your summer wardrobe? Here are five summer fashion trends taken directly from the runway that can easily be incorporated into your closet. 

1. Neon 

Fluroescent looks ran the runways this spring, and thanks to celebrities such as Kim Kardashian, neon is here to stay. Try this cropped cami to take any look to the next level. 

2. Yellow 

It looks as if yellow is the color of the year according to runways. The bright color is perfect for sunny weahter and can add a little brightness to any outfit. Try this adorable dress to add some fun to your closet. 

3. Crochet 

Borrowing from the 70s, crochet has made a huge comeback this season. This look can be incorporated into looks with handbags, dresses, and shirts. Snag this shirt for the perfect festival outfit. 

4. Tie Dye 

Add some fun patterns to your closet by incorporating tie-dye into your look. Try making your own shirt or grab this one to refresh your look. 

5. Shorts 

Although it seems obvious, shorts will be huge this summer. However, all types of shorts have been seen on the runway, from knee-length, bermudas, and daisy-dukes. Also, love them or hate them, biker shorts are here to stay. Try these fun shorts to switch things up. 

Photo 1 | Photo 2 | Photo 3 | Photo 4 | Photo 5

Gloriann Lance

Illinois '19

Hi! My name is Gloriann Lance and I am a senior at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. I am one of the two Campus Correspondents for the 2018-2019 school year and I have been on Her Campus for 3 years.