This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

My idea of a perfect night is relaxing while watching my go-to show and putting on a nice face mask. Sure, there are great masks that you can find at local stores, but let’s be honest, this cold weather makes us want to stay inside as much as possible, and we don’t always have the money to throw it away on face masks. However, there are many DIY facemasks that you can do with ingredients that you have at home to save money. Try out these DIY masks to save money and refresh your skin!

Honey Oatmeal Face Mask

Ingredients: 1/3 cup of oats, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoons of coconut oil, 1-2 tablespoons of water

This mask will help even out your skin tone if you have any redness. Also, because of the oats, it is anti-inflammatory. The coconut oil helps to moisturize the skin and keep it healthy!

Avocado, Yogurt, & Honey Face Mask

Ingredients: 1/4 of a ripe avocado, 3 tablespoons of yogurt, tablespoon of honey

Avocados are not only good for you to eat, but they actually are also a source of anti-aging for your skin. Yogurt can also diminish wrinkles while the honey works as an antioxidant. 

Honey, Cinnamon, & Nutmeg Face Mask

Ingredients: 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg

This face mask is perfect if you are aiming to shrink your pores. These ingredients will get the job done. Cinnamon’s astringent properties will help exfoliate the skin and remove blackheads. The nutmeg aims to reduce scarring and any other blemishes. 

Turmeric, Banana, & Honey Face Mask 

Ingredients: 1/2 tablespoon of turmeric powder, 2 tablespoons of mashed banana, 1/2 tablespoon of honey

The mixture of these ingredients aims to brighten and rejuvinate the skin! Leaving the mask on for 30 minutes will help moisturize your skin and leave it looking fresher than ever. 

Coffee Face Mask

Ingredients: 1/2 cup of ground coffee beans, 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 cup of unsweetened milk, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of honey

Coffee helps the skin with issues such as redness and inflammation. The cocoa powder repairs damage to the skin, and milk serves to exfoliate the skin. Finally, lemon juice helps to tighen the skin, and the honey moisturizes. 

Pro Tip: To avoid a huge mess, use a makeup brush to paint the mask onto your face!

Photo 1 I Photo 2 I Photo 3

Gloriann Lance

Illinois '19

Hi! My name is Gloriann Lance and I am a senior at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. I am one of the two Campus Correspondents for the 2018-2019 school year and I have been on Her Campus for 3 years.