4 Summer Styles For Any Occasion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Check out these four affordable fashionable trends of summer 2015! From casual to chic, these are great for any occasion.

T-shirt Dress

The t-shirt dress is an all-time classic that is definitely gaining popularity lately. Many clothing lines, such as Brandy Melville, created easy throw on t-shirt dresses usually under $30. The dress is very versatile and can be dressed up or down. When going somewhere more casual, pair a cute pair of sandals or a flannel. Going somewhere nicer? Put on wedges and a jacket and it’s perfect for any night out.

Jenelle Dress: Brandy Melville $28

Print On Print

Matching sets have been seen throughout pop culture, and you’ve probably seen them on your own friends. Now throughout the summer, people are wearing printed shirts with same-print shorts or skirts. This is perfect for a day of shopping or just about anything. Wear accessories that are simple and understated so that way the print on print makes a bold statement. Don’t be afraid to mix and match different types of prints!

Frond Print Crop Top and Skirt: Forever 21 $14.90

Round Sunglass 

Throw it back to the 1960’s and 70’s when round sunglasses were trending with celebrities like John Lennon and Jimi Hendrix. Fast forward 45 years; the round frame has returned. Many women celebs like Lady Gaga and the Olson twins are now wearing them. These cool shades are generally pretty cheap, too. A pair from Urban Outfitters is normally around $15- $25, and with plenty of different colors and shades, it works on every girl!

Merry Go Round Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters $18

Lace-up Sandals

A common theme on the runway this season are any type of lace-up sandals or heels. These shoes add something fun to a classic summer shoe and are perfect for any occasion! These ballet-inspired shoes might be more expensive, but definitely worth every penny.

Lace-Up Gladiator Sandal: Topshop at Nordstrom $45

Images via:

Index photo via Getty Images
Samantha Merkin

Illinois '18

.
Editor in Chief of Her Campus Illinois Chapter