The 3 Week Countdown: Get Your Spring Break Body Now!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

It’s finally here — the home stretch! With only the last weeks to go until Spring Break, it’s time for us to add the final touches to our beloved week off of school. While getting a banging beach bod (as my friends like to call it) may seem out of reach at this point, it’s definitely not too late. Just a simple two-week workout plan will help you get the results you’ve been working for.

Gabrielle Reece, the famous volleyball player and supermodel (so you know her workout routine must work!), has a series of 10 exercise moves to tone the body. Doing them just three to four times a week, she said, will start to give results in just a couple weeks. In a blog she posted on May 30, 2010, she walks you through a couple of different exercises to work your abs:

1. Side Lunges– Works your glutes, lower back and core. I always like to go down slow and under control (not letting gravity control the tempo) and then from a static position explode up. For beginners, go as low as you feel comfortable; if you’ve already been working out, make it more difficult by bringing your knee up to your chest into a standing crunch after the lunge. Increase the burn — never set that foot on the floor until after you have completed all of your reps.

2. Exercise ball lift (or Eball lift)– Works the hamstrings, core, and shoulders. Stand with feet wider than shoulder-width apart and an exercise ball between your feet. Squat down and pick up the ball; as you stand back up lift the ball overhead. At the top of this move really stretch through your core while reaching to the ceiling. If you want to make it tougher, do this with a smaller weighted ball and go up on to your toes at the top of the move. Squeeze those legs and glutes. This is a great warm up move.

To find out how to work the rest of your body, head to http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/b/gabbyguide/11596/bikini-body-in-2-weeks and get started!

But what good is a bikini work out without a great swim suit to go with it? Victoria’s Secret is known for their awesome bikinis — strapless, string and halter suits, they’ve got them all.

Nicole*, a junior in Psychology at here the University of Illinois, said this is her favorite place to get swimsuits. “They have good push up bikini tops that I love to wear,” she said.

They usually run about $40 and up, but if you check their website, (http://www.victoriassecret.com/swimwear/spring-break) you can see which ones come with a free tote to put all of your beach goodies in!

This site also takes you to their entire Spring Break collection, so you can stock up on sandals, sundresses and cover-ups (such as the one shown in the photo) for the entire week.

If you’re not looking to spend that much money, however, another option is Target. They always have a wide selection of swimsuits that cost about half of the price of Victoria’s Secret. So if money is a little tight, or you simply want to get more swimsuits for the price of one, go check them out!

So, go out and buy all of your beach necessities for an awesome week! But can I offer you a little advice? Be sure to bring along some sunscreen. You don’t want to get sunburn on the first day and have to deal with it in the sun all week. I’ve done it and believe me, it definitely doesn’t make things much fun!