2018 Meme Costumes for Halloween

Halloweekend is approaching, and among the decorations and candy comes another important aspect of everyone’s favorite holiday: costumes! If you’re looking for a costume idea other than the usual cat, look no further! Here are some funny and relevant memes to inspire your Halloween costume.

Lebron James during the playoffs.

This one is for the lazy – just throw on a Lebron Cavaliers jersey and look exasperated.

Of course, the Tide Pod.

You might have to do some DIY with this one, but tide pods were a relevant meme that went viral this year. Kind of overused, but old enough that it’ll inspire a few laughs.

Shirtless Kylo Ren

Ladies might have to get creative here, but if you’re looking for a costume that’ll reference both Star Wars and the memes that ensued of thicc Kylo, then this is the costume for you.

Buff Kim Kardashian

Honestly one of the best memes of 2018, buff Kim Kardashian is a super low-maintenance costume. Throw on a wife beater and some contour and just flex all night.

Tired SpongeBob

Plenty of Halloween costume stores sell SpongeBob outfits, but play up your costume by doing lots of huffing and puffing and leaning against a wall all night.

Although not all of these costumes are super practical, hopefully you found some inspiration for a funny and relevant costume this year. If you do end up trying one of these costumes, know that you’ll definitely stand out from the rest of the party!

Photo 1 | Photo 2 | Photo 3 | Photo 4 | Photo 5

Emily Whalen

Illinois '21

Sophomore at University of Illinois studying political science and psychology.