Why We All Love The Bachelor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Ladies, you would be lying if you tried saying that watching The Bachelor is not a guilty pleasure of yours. If you are one of the rare human beings that has never seen the show, you might consider watching it after hearing why we all love The Bachelor, and more specifically, Ben Higgins. Here’s why:

1. Because we get a kick out of the ridiculous introductions.

Anything but a horse head… or hiking a football between your legs. My eyes.

2. Because Ben gives us hope that there are genuinely nice guys out there.

Any guy who prefers getting to know you more rather than kissing you is most definitely a sign that he’s a good one. Not to mention, he has a great relationship with his parents.

3. Watching some of the girls throw themselves at Ben and making a mental note to self to never act like that.

At least not on TV. C’mon Lace, get it together girl.

4. Because Ben’s good heart and down-to-earth personality can be spotted from a mile away.

Watch the show for five minutes and you’ll want to squeeze him.

5. We get so attached to the people on the show that a little piece of us dies inside when a favorite doesn’t get a rose.

Throwback to when Chris sent Kaitlyn home, and she became the hottest and goofiest Bachelorette of all time. We still aren’t over that.

The list of reasons why we love The Bachelor could probably go on for days. So if you haven’t gotten obsessed with the show yet, this is definitely the season to begin with. Tune in Monday evenings at 7 p.m. for the most entertaining show on TV, and to watch a guy that’s not so hard to look at either.

Contributor account for Illinois State