Style > Beauty

Why Rosewater should be apart of every girl’s skin care routine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Rosewater not only smells heavenly but it is also very good for your skin. Rose water has an antiseptics and antibacterial property that can help heal cuts and soothes skin inflammation. The smell alone has been shown to help relieve headaches and enhance your mood.

The essential oil in it has de-stressing effects which are great for any college student. Spritz it on, give it a minute to soak in, and see what happens. Rose water also reduces redness in the skin. This can be great for when you don’t want to wear face makeup and when you are running out the door to class.

It is a product that I have found and use every day now because of the benefits it gives me. It is good for sensitive skin, which I have and is easy to get addicted to because of the results. It truly is a win-win.

Rosewater has been used for centuries. In fact, it is said that Cleopatra even used it to keep her skin dewy while she was Queen of Egypt. If anything, you can feel like you’re living like a queen.

Overall, I would recommend trying Rosewater to see how it impacts you. It is a natural product that has many major benefits, some you might not even know you needed. I would personally recommend if you are trying to up your self-care game.  

Colleen E Kelly

Illinois State '19

Hi I'm Colleen! Senior Communication major at Illinois State University, I love HC because it empowers women to promote women of all kinds. Follow me on social media to keep up with my articles! Insta/Twitter: @ColleenKelly97
Contributor account for Illinois State