This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

We all know that it is important to water every day, but adding lemon to it makes it more tasteful and brings some health benefits to you as well. Not to mention, it makes you feel greater too!

Here are some reasons why you should chop up some lemons and add them to your water:

1. Hydrates

This might be a no brainer, but lemons are full of electrolytes that fill your body with calcium.

2. Weight Loss

Lemons are a great way to boost your metabolism because they diminish your food cravings.

3. Fights Cancer

According to SimplyHealth.Today, lemons alkalize the body and cancer cannot stay alive if there is high alkalization in the body.

4. Clears Skin

Lemons produce collagen that keep the face smooth and fresh looking!

5. Enhances Brain Function

The potassium found in lemons helps the mind relax and enhances the brains functions. 

Ashley Painter

Illinois State '20

Hi I am Ashley! I love being apart of Her Campus and am so grateful for all the opportunities this organization has given me. I am the current Editor in Chief at Illinois Sate University and previous Social Media Director. I am majoring in Public Relations and will be graduating this May 2020. I am persuing a career in PR, marketing, and media. Follow me on Social media! Instagram @ashleypainterr Facebook @Ashley Lauren
Contributor account for Illinois State