What Your Summer Vaca Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

It’s that time of the year again. Time to trade in our booze and beer bongs for books and backpacks. But have no fear, as you’re zoning out professors this fall, you’ll have summer vacation memories to day dream about. From boating on a lake to swimming with dolphins in the deep blue, every girl has her summer paradise. What does your summer getaway say about you?

Lake House Weekend

Does your ideal summer weekend involve a fishing pole, a hammock and a cold beer? You’re probably a super laid back girl. Your wardrobe consists of cutoff jeans and baseball hats. Cheeseburgers on the grill are always better than a fancy restaurant, and you would much prefer to sit around a fire with a few best friends than spend time in a loud bar. Muscular boys with a slight southern drawl are your kryptonite.

Beach Vaca

From the smell of the salty sea to the feeling of sand between your toes, all elements of the beach make you euphoric. Nothing brings more happiness than lathering your skin with oil and laying your sandy cheeks on a towel all day long. You would probably rather die than cut off your long, luscious, bleached locks. Your closet has more bikinis than actual outfits; and sundresses and flip flops will do on the unfortunate occasion that you are forced to wear real clothing.

East Coast Adventure

Did your favorite summer memory involve a trip out east? Your friends probably raid your closet every weekend and beg you to help them with their smoky eye. Elle magazine and Vogue can be found in your designer carry-on bag. Your favorite night involves a bottle of champagne and a pair of six inch stilettos that will carry you to all the hottest bars with your best girlfriends. Fast-paced is how you live and you practically have an IV of Starbucks pumping through your veins at all times.

Euro Trip

“Adventure is out there” is basically your life motto. You spend August through May saving your money for experiences abroad. While your besties are wearing the latest and greatest, you’re doing your best to rework that same little black dress you wear out every weekend. You search on Pinterest for exotic recipes to try out. There’s most likely a big, colorful tapestry on your wall next to a box full of travel momentous. No matter how many new places you visit, you can’t quite seem to kick the travel bug.

Travel on ladies.

I'm just a sorority girl who drinks way too much coffee and has a passion for clothing I cannot afford.
Contributor account for Illinois State