Valentines Day Special: Campus Cuties with their Dogs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Photos By: Lindsay Nardini

Happy Valentines to all of our readers, but especially to our single girls out there! We created this Special Valentines Day Campus Cutie article just for you. We looked all around campus and found the not just cuties, but cuties with PUPPIES! We know, We know…You’re welcome. So enjoy the eye candy and check out our adorable Valentines Day article below!

Cutie: Ben Hummel

Year in School: Senior

Relationship Status: Single

Major: Construction Management

Dog: Abigail

Type of Dog: Doberman mix, Rescue dog.

Fun Facts: She can do tricks! (“Sit Pretty” where she sits on her butt and pulls her front legs up to her stomach)

HC: Is Abagail a chick magnet for you?

BH: Yes! Because she is so friendly, especially towards girls.

HC: Favorite thing about living with a dog?

BH: Companionship. It’s always fun to come home to her and she’s so energetic.

HC: Least favorite thing living with a dog?

BH: She loves garbage, so every now and then I will come home and there will be garbage everywhere. She’s also a fan of chewing on walls.

Cutie: Bryan Dickson

Year: Junior

Major: Finance and Insurance

Relationship Status: single

Dog: Taz

Type of Dog: Doxon Pitbull

Fun Fact: My  parents at first didn’t want me to get a dog, but now they love Taz. They actually send more care packages for Taz than for me. My mom also went ahead and made one of those “Worlds Greatest Dog” collages that you can get a like CVS. It’s pretty funny.

Taz’s Favorite Things: Attacking water bottles. If there is an empty water bottle in the room, he has to attack and flatten it.

HC: Favorite thing about owning a dog?

BD: Having someone in my room to hang out with all the time.

HC: Least favorite thing?

BD: He chews through stuff. Sometimes I’ll go to class and come back and he’s chewed through a bunch of stuff. He always seems to know what’s important to me and pick that to chew on, like my phone chargers and stuff.

Cutie: Glen Bernard

Year: Junior

Major: Marketing with a minor in Psychology

Relationship Status: Single

Dog: Bear, 7 months old

Type of Dog: Doxon Pitbull

Fun Fact: Taz and Bear are brothers!

Bears Favorite Things: Girls, treats, anything to chew on, and sleeping.

HerCampus: Favorite thing about owning a dog? 

GB: You’re never lonely, you always have a dog to play with. He also loves to cuddle with me when I sleep and take naps. He’s like his dad though, he likes to take naps.

HC: Least favorite thing?

GB: Well not the least, but it is a full time responsibility. You have do things lie find him a babysitter and what not. 

Cutie: Chris “Chuckles” Merenda

Year: Senior

Major: Pre-Veternary 

Relationship Status: Single

Dog: Tully

Type of Dog: Victorian Bulldog, Rescue Dog

Tully’s Favorite Things: French fries. And drunk girls because they love to give him attention.

Chris Merenda: Having someone to hang out with all the time.

HC: Least favorite thing?

CM: Taking him out to go to the bathroom when it’s cold. And his room-clearing farts. They’re awful.

Megan Lawler

Illinois State

Lindsay Nardini

Illinois State