This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

With spring break approaching, I felt it was necessary to do a tribute to Panama City Beach, more commonly referred to as PCB or “the Promised Land.” It was a sad day when Panama City Beach, Florida, announced that alcohol would be banned from the beach during the month of March. How could they do this? Where will spring breakers go? RIP PCB, thou shall not be forgotten. Thank you for the memories.

1. Thank you for introducing me to Bikini Bob’s. I would not have survived without my daily dose of a corn dog and onion rings.

2.  Thank you for bringing me so close to Luke Bryan for FREE even though my claustrophobia interfered resulting in watching the rest from my balcony.

3.  Thank you for the daily beach parties starting at 9 a.m. and ending with Bikini Bob’s.

4.  Thank you for introducing me to the spring break anthem, Fetty Wap’s “Trap Queen.”

5.  Thank you for the good times at Spinnaker Beach Club even though I rarely made it out alive.

6.  Thank you for selling slices of pizza for $1.50 right outside of Spinnaker’s.

7.  Thank you for giving me my first Philly cheesesteak even though it was $9 (by the way it was totally worth it).

8.  Thank you for teaching me a life lesson when my phone was stolen…on the first night.

(and that actually happened to me two weeks later)

9.  Thank you for watching over my friend Allie after you gave her severe sun poisoning.

10.  Thank you for providing my friends and I with a room at The Summit aka the #1 place to stay in PCB.

11.  Thank you for the greatest memories with the best of friends. Spring break 2015 was one for the books!

It is unfortunate that PCB is no longer “the place to be” on spring break. It will never be the same, for now at least. Those of us who were lucky enough to experience it will keep it alive in our memories. PCB 2K15 will never be forgotten. 

Danielle Farrow

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State