The Trend that is Taking the Fashion World by Storm: Athleisure

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

We college students know all too well the benefits of comfortable clothing. Our denim has not been safe since the debut of the infamous yoga pant, especially with VS models and other fashion labels presenting them in such a versatile manner. Hitting the gym? Catching a movie? Waking up five minutes before class? Yoga pants, or really any workout gear for that matter, has been the answer as of late. This trend of athleisure is taking the fashion world by storm as a way to incorporate both dynamic style and the comfort that we all seek in our everyday look. College students have consistently been looking for ways to look put-together without having to actually put together a top-notch outfit that will have us wishing for our coveted pair of sweats half way through the day. The fashion genie has granted us this wish in the trending style of athleisure–although it has been referred to as so much more than just a trend–but rather a lifestyle. Coincidentally enough, I am writing this article donning the trend- fully incorporating my fave pair of yoga pants with my leather jacket and loose tank. With that, I have compiled a few of my favorite athleisure looks to inspire you to give this trend a try for yourself. Finals are upon us and a chic, versatile outfit like the ones shown below will definitely help you get through the busy week!

Image from Bloglovin’

Image from NOHOLITA

Image from Vogue

Image from Bloglovin’

Image from PureWow

Cassie Zimmer

Illinois State

Hi! My name is Cassie Zimmer and I am a writer for HerCampus Illinois State. I am so excited to have just joined an awesome group of ladies to share my love of writing with. I am a fashionista who loves keeping up to date with the latest trends in the fashion industry. I hope to write articles that will be enjoyable for the fans of HerCampus to read and will hopefully take something away from the information I provide.
Contributor account for Illinois State