This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Here we are again, interweb folks. Doing anything and everything besides what we are supposed to be doing.

As the studious college-goers that we so graciously are, the art of procrastination is a technique in which we have naturally mastered.  And this is coming from the Queen of “I’ll get to it later.”  Being productive on a daily basis with no distractions is quite the challenge.  Let’s take a glance at a few ways to properly spend our time to put off that paper we were assigned a month ago. (Priorities, people.)

1.    The Zuckerberg Faction

Facebook: the above-all distraction since 2004.  We are the generation of social media, reading into the “importance” of “favorites” and “likes.”  Whether you have a Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Google+ (who even uses that?) these sites always seem to grab your attention more than your Psych book.  I mean, you have to stay up to date on the flood of weekend pictures, stalking your ex, and creeping on your high school nemesis, right? It’s the little things.

2.    Farewell to Movie Rentals

I will admit it, Netflix is my poison when it comes to not getting anything done. With so many shows to be watched, who has time to do anything else?  Watching 17 episodes of Grey’s Anatomy seems justifiable when you have a nursing exam the next day, right?  Let’s just say that Netflix is the best and worst thing to ever happen to my GPA.

3.    YouTube Sensations

The videos you can find on YouTube, and the people who become famous through it are insane.  This site’s favorites such as Jenna Marbles, Dom Mazzetti, and Kingsley have made it big in these realms through their humor, making it impossible to stop at one video (kind of like the Netflix effect.)  Beware though, once you get lost in the weird part of YouTube there’s no coming back.  And while you are there, I think it’s now time to leave the Harlem Shake fad behind. 

4.    Tumblr, Reddit, Pinterest, Oh My!

Procrastination comes like a breeze when scrolling through these sites.  All focused around funny pictures, items you’ll never have, and food you’ll never actually make.  I personally am a Tumblr kind of gal, but I think it’s safe to say all 3 of these sites come in handy when wasting time.

5.    Sleep. Enough Said.

This may not be as entertaining as the past four procrastination outlets, but let’s get real—we are all guilty of this.  Many of us would either kill for a nap or just spend our days sleeping.  Sometimes after class, clubs, and work we are just plain exhausted.  The homework always seems to get itself done at some point, therefore catching up on some z’s doesn’t seem so bad.