Top 5 Reasons You MUST Watch Grace and Frankie on Netflix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

If you haven’t heard of the Netflix show Grace and Frankie, then you are for sure missing out. This is one of the funniest shows on Netflix about two women who know how to live their lives and have some fun. Grace and Frankie are two older women whose husbands have been partners in their company for years. Then one day the two husbands sit down and tell Grace and Frankie that they have been hiding a homosexual relationship from them for years. At first, the women freak out that they have been lied to for years. The normal reaction that most would have. But then they find themselves leaning on each other for support and end up starting the next chapter of their lives by becoming roommates. The show revolves around their families and their relationships they still have with their now ex-husbands. It sounds serious but if you are looking for a laugh this is the show to watch. Season 5 was just released on Netflix so now is the time to tune in.

1. These women know how to not give a f*** and just live. Once you turn about 75 years old I guess you learn how to chill out and not be so dramatic.

2. Frankie is my personal favorite and is, in my opinion, the funniest character on the show. Her alone is a reason to watch. Very hippy vibes and how I’d like to be when I retire.

3. The relationship they have with their ex-husbands. They are really a great example of how a modern family today works. Gay ex-husbands, adopted multicultural kids, divorces, and everything in-between. They prove family is forever no matter what life challenges you with.

4. No matter what your age, you can find love out there. After getting divorces these older gals decide to get back out there and find a new love life for the next chapter of their lives. Surprises around every corner.

5. Season 5 was just released so that means there is more to watch. I flew through the last 4 seasons and there is no doubt in my mind that this season will be any less.

If you are stressed and need a laugh to get through the winter blues, then tune in to Grace and Frankie. With so much diversity in the show, everyone can relate. Who knew that my spirit animal would be a 75-year-old woman? They are the type of women I want to be when I grow up. Confident, fun, and full of sass.

Colleen E Kelly

Illinois State '19

Hi I'm Colleen! Senior Communication major at Illinois State University, I love HC because it empowers women to promote women of all kinds. Follow me on social media to keep up with my articles! Insta/Twitter: @ColleenKelly97
Contributor account for Illinois State