This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Welcome back, Redbirds! Another semester has started, meaning another semester full of stress and doubting everything. Tackling another semester online can be tricky and full of mishaps and mistakes, but you’re not alone! Here are a couple tips and tricks that will help you make it through another semester online strong.

Use Your Planner

This one sounds pretty obvious, but I seriously don’t know where I would be without my planner. Every week, I write down everything I have to do for each of my classes and highlight it when I complete it. When everything is online, it can be hard to keep track of everything you have to do for every class but this has proved to be a manageable way to do it for me. There are even planners you can download onto a tablet or iPad if you like to keep things paperless!

Wear Blue Light Glasses 

I don’t know about you guys, but I feel like I spend most of my days behind a screen either on Zoom calls or finishing assignments. Blue light glasses have been a life saver for me! I frequently get headaches, so having something to protect my eyes has given me a lot less migraines (which tend to stress me out even more).

Look for Ways to Change Your Study Environments

Staying in the same spot everyday can be boring and can leave you feeling unmotivated. Try your best to change your study spot every once in a while to maintain your focus! Whether it’s moving from your room to your living room or to a study spot on campus (wear a mask!), switching things up can improve your study habits and mental health in the long run.

Try to Have a Positive Mindset

This is a frustrating time for everyone, and a lot of times I catch myself feeling down or like I’m not getting the most I could be getting out of my education. However, having a positive mindset will definitely help! Think about all of the time you’re saving now that you don’t have to look for a parking spot on campus. It also makes me happy that I don’t have to walk in the cold very much, too! Always look for the positive things in life.

Turn on Your Camera

I know you guys are going to hate me for this one, but turn your cameras on. It will help you stay focused and keep you from being tempted by distractions like your phone. This will help you make the most of a completely online education. It also helps to see other people in your zooms! A little social interaction won’t kill you!

I know that another online semester is stressful and frustrating for everyone. However, if you follow these tips and tricks you will finish the semester strong! 

HCXO,

Alyssa 

Alyssa Ginzburg

Illinois State '22

Hi! I'm Alyssa Ginzburg and I'm a Senior at ISU & I'm studying Middle Level Education! I love writing, fashion, and all things women empowering, which makes Her Campus the perfect environment to share my voice! Check out my Instagram and Twitter if you want to know more! :) Instagram: @alyssaginzburg Twitter: @AlyssaRhea1
Contributor account for Illinois State