This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

When you are not a natural blonde, keeping blonde hair brass free is not the easiest. Constantly bleaching hair is so damaging, but it is also so frustrating when the brassy colors show up within a few weeks of getting it done. Also, not having the heat of natural sunlight on your hair in the winter does not help either! Here are some of my favorite products to keep that bombshell blonde hair from losing their luster!

Matrix Total Results Color Care So Silver Shampoo

I use purple shampoo at least 2-3 times to neutralize the brassiness. The purple coloring cancels out all the red and yellow undertones in your hair to keep it blonde. For better results, leave the purple shampoo on your hair for about 3-5 minutes, then rinse with cold water.

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Colour Correct Anti-Brassy Cleansing Treatment

This cleansing treatment gives hair minimal toning on the days you are in a rush. Replace it with your shampoo for the day and wash it regularly. You will notice your hair will look blonder and fresher.

John Frieda Go Blonder Lemon Miracle Masque

Restore your damaged hair with this lemon oil masque that protects and strengthens your blonde hair while lightening it. Your hair will look sun-kissed and also smell great.

Joico Blonde Life Brightening Conditioner

Let’s not forget the most important part, conditioner! Keep your blonde hair moisturized with my favorite lightening conditioner. This conditioner keeps hair feeling soft and blonde without having a dense feeling to it.

Brighten your gorgeous blonde locks with these products!

Ashley Painter

Illinois State '20

Hi I am Ashley! I love being apart of Her Campus and am so grateful for all the opportunities this organization has given me. I am the current Editor in Chief at Illinois Sate University and previous Social Media Director. I am majoring in Public Relations and will be graduating this May 2020. I am persuing a career in PR, marketing, and media. Follow me on Social media! Instagram @ashleypainterr Facebook @Ashley Lauren
Contributor account for Illinois State