Thoughts We All Have In The Shower

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Showering is amongst one of my favorite hobbies as it should be with everyone else. It is the most relaxing part of your day. It’s when you get to escape from everything and just relax in the water. The other day, however, I found myself in and out of the shower because I forgot to shave my legs because my mind was wandering so much. Honestly I think about some random stuff in the shower and I’ve still got to say I love running up the water bill by standing in there for an hour.

1. Holy crap I definitely burnt my skin. Why is it so hot? I had it in the middle!

2. Okay, now my eyes are burning! How do I always manage to forget to take my makeup off? It’s going to look like a have a black eye when I get out.

3. Hmmm I wonder if I would ever be in a fight; I could totally kick a** if I needed to.

4. Okay goal of this shower is to not burn my eye even more with shampoo, I totally got this.

5. Oh and there goes a glob of shampoo into my eye. You had one job girl!

6. Of course out of conditioner again I really need to start using less. Let me just scrap the sides of the bottle there’s got to be some left.

7. I am going to smell fresh as hell when I get out of here.

8. Ugh, wait do I need to shave my legs? I really don’t feel like going out.

9. Okay – fine I’ll shave my legs.

10. *finishes shaving one leg* Why in the world did I decide to shave my legs.

11. I have so much homework to do after this. No, no school thoughts in the shower. This is your happy place.

12. I’m starving. I need to get a snack immediately after this.

13. Why do my fingers look like raisins? How long have I been in here for?

14. I really don’t want to do my homework. I’m just going to stand here for another 10 minutes.

15. Alright, all done! Time to get out!

16. Wait did I shave my legs… 

Samantha Cedano

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State