Multiple skincare products lined up together
Original photo by Jasmine Aguirre
Style > Beauty

The Best Moisturizing Products to Hydrate Your Skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

It’s finally starting to feel like fall here in Illinois, which is extremely exciting especially if you enjoy the crisp air and burnt colored leaves. This is my favorite season of the year. However, one of the troubles I have is with this time of year is that my skin dries out a lot with the cooler weather, and doesn’t get any better during winter. I reached out to several friends and found some recommendations for skincare products for the approaching fall and winter seasons!

Pond’s Clarant B3 Dark Spot Correcting Cream

I LOVE this moisturizer! This is my go-to during the winter months. The cream has a thicker formula but applies smoothly, lighting coating the skin with hydration. I use the dark spot cream to help even out my skin tone. I would say that my skin is dry in the cooler months, but combination type during the summertime. I would 10/10 recommend checking out the brand Pond’s. They have an anti-wrinkle cream and one specifically for dry skin as well. I have also used their facial cleanser to take off makeup, which is another gentle product perfect my skin. I usually purchase this at Target!

Double Duty Beauty First Step Prep Moisture Reset Cream

Many of my friends were raving about this moisturizer, which is also known as the shape tape moisturizer. They have dry skin and shared that, although the product can be a bit oily, it leaves your skin feeling moisturized and doesn’t clog your pores. There is a light citrus scent to this product from the orange and apple extracts, and the cream has a whipped texture, which is great for building up the product during application. Another bonus: this product is vegan! This can be found at ULTA!

HYALURONIC ACID SERUM

One of my roommates recommended this Hyaluronic Acid Serum, from The Inkey List. If you haven’t heard by now, hyaluronic acid is extremely moisturizing and hydrating for your skin. This serum leaves your skin with a dewy glow. You apply this product when your face is wet, or damp, per the instructions on the bottle. You can purchase this product at Sephora!

Cetaphil Oil-Free Hydrating Lotion

This final product is one from a brand my dermatologist recommended: Cetaphil. I have been using this one as my daily moisturizer in the mornings. This leaves your skin feeling tacky in the best way possible, which is perfect for applying makeup. I love this product because it’s fragrance-free, and I have very sensitive skin. You can purchase this moisturizer at most local drugstores!

Skincare products are displayed on a floral background.
Original photo by Kate Green

As always, these are just product recommendations from my friends and me. Be sure to do your own research about your skin type, asking a dermatologist or trusted medical professional! Skincare can be a great asset in a routine as long as the products are helping your skin stay hydrated during these chilly months. I would definitely encourage reading reviews of products before purchasing them as well. Keep your skin healthy and hydrated and take care of yourself!

Lynn Merigold

Illinois State '23

Lynn graduated from Illinois State University, where she was a contributing writer, chapter editor/president, and member of the Campus Trendsetters community. When she’s not teaching, you can find her spending time with family/friends, attending a fitness class, or listening to an audiobook!