This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

I don’t know about any of you, but I am immediately watching Christmas movie after Christmas movie on November 1st. I know, partaking in anything Christmas related – decorating your house, baking holiday-shaped cookies, listening to Christmas music, watching holiday movies – in November is a bit controversial. But I just can’t help myself! Christmas movies are able to teleport any individual into a winter wonderland. There is nothing better than sitting by a fireplace, hot cocoa in hand, snuggled up in a warm blanket and watching a Christmas movie. That’s why I’ve compiled a list of my favorite holiday movies to binge this season:

HolidaTE

Holidate was released in 2020, and it has become one of my all-time favorite holiday movies! The story is centered around two strangers who are tired of being single on holidays. Because of this, they decide to become each other’s “holidate” (platonic plus-ones) for every upcoming holiday. Of course, being each other’s “holidates” causes them to catch feelings – which creates tension throughout the plot. This movie is perfect for you if you’re not a fan of the sappy Hallmark movies.

The Christmas Chronicles

The Christmas Chronicles is about two siblings who try to capture Santa Claus on Christmas Eve. When things don’t go according to plan, the siblings join Santa to save Christmas. This movie is a must-watch with your family – it’s cute, funny and there’s a great musical number in it.

Falling for Christmas

Falling for Christmas was recently released, and its main protagonist is the one and only Lindsay Lohan. Lohan’s character is diagnosed with amnesia after a skiing accident, and she stays with a single dad, Jake, and his daughter while trying to remember her identity. While staying at their cabin, Lohan’s character begins to develop feelings for Jack.

The Knight Before Christmas

The Knight Before Christmas revolves around a medieval knight who time travels to the present day. Not only does the knight have a hard time adjusting to all the changes in the world, but he also meets a high school teacher (Vanessa Hudgens) who he soon falls in love with. However, Vanessa’s character has recently sworn off love. This movie is perfect if you’re in the mood for a romantic comedy.

Love Hard

Love Hard deals with the challenges of online dating. The story follows Natalie, an L.A. writer who travels 3,000 miles to surprise one of her ‘matches’ for Christmas. However, she soon learns she has been catfished. Her cat-fisher then helps her attract a town local as a chance for forgiveness. Sparks fly along the way as Natalie realizes she has more in common with her cat-fisher.

Although there are thousands of popular holiday favorites, the above are just a few that are always added to my must-watch Christmas movie list. Whether you’re in the mood for a rom-com or a family favorite – the above should definitely be considered next time you’re on Netflix.

Elise Fricilone

Illinois State '23

Hi everyone! My name is Elise, and I am a senior at Illinois State! I am majoring in Public Relations with a minor in Sociology. I have a huge passion for not only writing, but also reading! You can find me with my nose under a book almost everyday. I also have a huge love for all things fashion, cosmetics, health and lifestyle – so you can find those topics in my articles! Feel free to follow my instagram: elisefricilone