This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

As a sophomore, Taylor Stewart was asked to step up as the starting point guard for the Illinois State Women’s Basketball, and that is no easy task. But this girl has made the most out of her opportunity, playing her heart out on the court in #32. She may be little for a basketball player, but her fire and spunk create big energy for the birds on both ends of the floor.

Name: Taylor StewartYear: SophomoreMajor: PsychologyHometown: Lakeville, Minnesota

Favorite Color: Charcoal grayFavorite Food: SteakFavorite Holiday: ChristmasFavorite Season: FallFavorite Song: Rocket by BeyonceFavorite Movie: Lion KingFavorite Quote: “Never give up on something you cannot go a day without thinking about.” – Unknown

Her Campus ISU: When did you first start playing basketball?

Taylor Stewart: When I was around 3 years old.

HC ISU: What made you choose ISU?

TS: I liked the size of the campus and that it wasn’t five minutes away from home. I wanted to branch out a little bit. The people who I was going to end up playing basketball with also made a gigantic impact.

HC ISU: What has been your biggest challenge you’ve had to overcome so far at ISU?

TS: Being away from my home and family and rarely getting the chance to go home because of my basketball schedule. I’m a big family person.

HC ISU: What is your favorite part about playing at Redbird Arena? 

TS: I think our court is the best in the conference. The bright floor with the redbird and the rims on the hoops are perfect, but most importantly knowing that all of our fans come to support us and really back us up.

HC ISU: What’s your favorite thing about being a college athlete?

TS: The amazing opportunities to travel to a bunch of different places like the Bahamas, Miami, and New York. Also, having teammates that are like your sisters and make it a little easier to be away from home so much.

HC ISU: This weekend at your Miami Thanksgiving Tournament you made the all-tournament team. How did that feel as a sophomore? 

TS: I felt honored to get it as a sophomore, especially since I have a completely new role than I did last year and it has been a little difficult to adjust to.

HC ISU: What do you like to do besides basketball?

TS: Be with family and friends. I also like to shop around, catch up on Netflix and sleep.

HC ISU: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

TS: Hopefully married with a couple of kids and having a career as a family therapist or a sports psychologist. 

Katy Winge

Illinois State

Student at Illinois State University. Member of the Women's Basketball Team. Historian for Zeta Tau Alpha- Eta Phi Chapter. From Minnetonka, MN.
Celina Porretta

Illinois State