Tailgating Outfit Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Tailgating season is in full force! Which means for us girls, to try and figure out the cutest, most school-spirited outfits for one main reason – all of the pictures we take! I researched a little bit (meaning I basically just looked on Pinterest) and found some super cute and easy outfit ideas that can make your Saturday Homecoming festivities that much better.

T-Shirt Into a Dress
You guys have probably seen your friends Instagrams’ with this adorable type of outfit! I seriously need to make a shirt like this because it is way too cute. There are plenty of directional YouTube videos on how to make a large t-shirt into a dress if you’re interested in this look. Another plus with this outfit is that you can tie a bow around your waist as a belt! Defintely pair this with a cute sweater or jacket to warm yourself up a bit. Here is a picture of what the final product looks like: 

Tailgating Overalls
 This could be made into one of the best and different tailgating outfits ever. Pair it up with some high top converse, a long sleeve shirt, and a baseball hat to be the cutest Redbird at the tailgate. You can easily find a pair with ISU’s colors online.

The Hipster Look
I saw this look on Pinterest and fell in love! It is super simple but looks really put-together. All you need is some jean shorts or highwaisted jeans, a school-spirited frat tank, cute sneakers, sunglasses and a headband of any kind. Voila, my friend. Welcome to the hipster life.