This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

The best season is a couple months away, but is your skin ready?Under that pretty tan, the summer sun can dry and damage your skin. None of us want to wake up with flaky skin and have to lather on aloe vera.

Add these products into your routine to keep your skin moisturized, blemish free and healthy!

1. Jergens Natural Glow Face Moisturizer

Via Target

Help save your skin from tanning, especially your face. Jergens not only helps to moisturize, but leaves a fresh glow and has SPF in it, so you can soak up the sun all day.

1. Pixi Vitamin Wakeup Mist

Via Target

Spray this product on your face to give your skin needs the vitamins it needs! The combination of orange blossom and citrus extracts is the perfect mist to begin your morning.

1. St. Ives Even & Bright, Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Exfoliator

Via Walmart

After a long day in the sun, your skin can be dirty and dry from the sweat and heat. This exfoliator is not only gentle on the skin, but scrubs off the dirt and dry skin from your face.

1. Vaseline Cocoa Butter Vitalizing Gel Body Oil

Via Walmart

After showering, this gel is perfect to moisturize your skin. It will give your skin a smooth glow, but also keep it super moisturized!

1. Vitamin E Oil

Via Amazon

Antioxidants found in Vitamin E oil does many wonders for the skin. It can help heal scar tissue, is beneficial for dry skin, soothes chapped lipped and is a great anti-aging oil.

Before you head out in the sun this summer, make sure you have these essentials to do it right!  

Ashley Painter

Illinois State '20

Hi I am Ashley! I love being apart of Her Campus and am so grateful for all the opportunities this organization has given me. I am the current Editor in Chief at Illinois Sate University and previous Social Media Director. I am majoring in Public Relations and will be graduating this May 2020. I am persuing a career in PR, marketing, and media. Follow me on Social media! Instagram @ashleypainterr Facebook @Ashley Lauren
Contributor account for Illinois State