This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Earlier this month I took a trip to New York City, and my heart stayed there. The people, the shopping, the food, the aesthetics, all won me over as my boyfriend and I toured the ‘Big Apple’ for a long weekend. I thought it would be fun to share with you guys some of the fun things I did, and outfits I brought along with me!

We flew into NYC around midnight on Friday, and were pretty exhausted once we got there so we went straight to sleep. Needless to say, Saturday morning we woke up so excited to see all NYC had to offer. We started our morning off with the best bagels we have ever had (true NY style!). We waited about 45 minutes in line for these bad boys and it was absolutely worth it.

I mean, just look at these beauties! Highly recommend visiting Best Bagel & Coffee on W 35th Street if you are ever in the area.

We got lucky with some beautiful weather for the day, so I went with my boyfriend jeans from Levi’s, my super touristy “New York Woman” t-shirt layered with a plaid blazer, my fuzzy mules, and of course my cabby hat. (If you can’t tell, its one of my favorite accessories this season!)

We shopped around Fashion Avenue where we visited this huge Steve Madden store right in the middle of Times Square where I found the cutest drawstring sac purse and embellished loafers.

Saturday night I surprised my boyfriend with a happy hour cruise that went all around the Hudson River. Watching the sunset over the city was so breathtaking, but seeing the city all lit up at night was the highlight of my trip.

I wore my black turtleneck with these awesome be-dazzled jeans and fish net socks with my classic go-to black heels. I also added this metallic clutch that I am obsessing over right now! This outfit was so perfect for a night out in New York City.

After we drank some wine and enjoyed the city from the water, we went to this place called the Tuck Room where we were seated in a private room hidden behind a bookshelf where celebrities like Leonardo DiCaprio and Emma Stone have dined! It was such an incredible and unforgettable night.

For anyone who knows me, knows that Gossip Girl pretty much shaped my life. My only “must-do” during this trip was to go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, aka; The Met steps in Gossip Girl terms. I wanted to take a page from Blair Waldorf’s (fashion) playbook and wear a beret with a plaid skirt, but the weather had other plans for me! I ended up wearing this frayed cotton sweater with my “barely boot-cut” jeans from Express with my merlot colored beret and mustard Jeffrey Campbell Audriss shoes.

Central Park is so stunning in the fall with all the leaves changing colors. We walked around, grabbed a delicious cheese, spinach, and avocado crepe from a street vendor as my boyfriend listened to me rant about how sitting where Blair and Serena had their yogurt before school changed my life.

Sunday night we visited with my cousin who lived in the area for a couple drinks at the Clock Tower and then headed over to ABC Cosina for dinner. I also highly recommend ABC Cosina as a dinner spot to hit if you are in NYC! I paired this beautiful poncho with a turtleneck and my dark wash jeans. I found the perfect little yellow cross body bag that matched perfectly with the detailing on the poncho and made it pop!

We finished our last day walking around the city and visiting the famous Avocaderia in Brooklyn.

Another one of my weaknesses is macaroons and there was the cutest little macaroon café across the street from our hotel!

As our trip came to an end, I kicked back before our flight and read Harper’s Bazaar 150th Anniversary issue in my new shoes and just maybe shed a tear or two…

Xoxo,

Until next time NYC

Abigail Baffoe

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State