This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Being a college student is the farthest thing from cheap. Between groceries, toiletries, tuition, nights out with friends, and trips to your favorite restaurants with your roommates, it all starts to add up. Regular shopping trips might seem inaccessible for any given college student at first glance. 

Don’t worry, your favorite stores probably have student discounts and deals to make themselves more affordable and to help feed your shopping addiction. 

Forever 21 Forever 21 is great for fashion must-haves! This store has been a wardrobe staple for the thrifty shoppers looking for great pieces at an even better price. However, they rarely have any sales. But, they make up for it with a 15% off student discount. 

Nastygal  Nastygal is the go-to site for high fashion, night out pieces for a reasonable price. Pick up your favorite pieces with consistent deals, including an extra 10% student discount. 

Missguided Missguided tops this list with an amazing 40% student discount, and trust me, it is hard to only have a few things in your cart. Missguided keeps up with the hottest trends that could fulfill your dream closet…all at an affordable college student price. 

LuLu’s Looking to revamp your spring wardrobe? This is a great first stop. Lulu’s offers incredibly stylish pieces that are of great quality. With a wide variety of everything from formal dresses to cute accessories, you can’t miss with a 15% student discount when you shop online. 

ASOS ASOS might be your next one-stop-shop for all your closet needs. They have all the basics you need to the trendiest seasonal pieces to spice up your closet. Even better, they have a 10% student discount. 

Express For those of you graduating soon, you might be in the market for some new business clothes. Express has high-quality and trendy must-have office pieces. They also have their loungewear line and other trendy pieces. A 15% off student discount is sure to make you smile too. 

More stores than just the ones listed above had great student discounts. Some offer both in-store and online discounts too! If you are unsure, just head to your favorite brand’s website and search “student discount”. Happy shopping! 

Trisha Fritz

Illinois State '19

Hi I am Trisha- a natural born leader with a proven track record on taking chaotic situations and turning them into something great and a wannabe pop-culture expert. I am graduating Illinois State University in 2019 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism with a minor in Writing. In college, I worked at the schools TV station, TV-10. While in school, I’ve managed and motivated my peers in the communication area while balancing a hectic work schedule in the service industry. Do not let my wittiness fool you, this is all just a plan for world domination.
Contributor account for Illinois State