This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

It’s that time of the year… again.The time where we have to spend our entire paychecks to buy various gifts for our friends and family. I always struggle to find the perfect gift that’s cheap and memorable. I’ve come to realize that stuffing a stocking with a handful of little goodies is the perfect idea for your besties! Here’s what I’ll be stuffing my stockings with: 

Lip Balm

Chapstick & lip balm make the BEST gift! Pick up your favorite flavor of EOS or a cheap lip gloss and through it in your stocking. I guarantee your friends with love it! 

image via Pinterest 

Face Masks

Every girl loves a good face mask. You can find cheap ones at Target or Walmart which is the best! A lot of them come in a pretty wrapper or bottle, which will be perfect for your stocking. 

image via Pinterest 

Socks

Fuzzy socks. Wool socks. Fun socks. If anyone put those in a stocking for me, I’d be very content. Fuzzy socks are the best during the winter time when your feet are cold. Tip: Grab the aloe infused ones so your bestie will have smooth feet when she takes them off! 

image via Pinterest 

Makeup

Whether it’s a cheap eyeshadow pallet, or a tester of a new mascara that just came out… Makeup is the perfect stocking stuffer. Your best friend will love you! 

image via Pinterest 

Gift Cards

Even a $5 or $10 gift card to Starbucks will turn your bestie’s day around. Get her a gift card to her favorite store or coffee shop! 

image via Pinterest 

Nail Polish

Nail polish companies really prove themselves during the holidays. Whether it’s a gorgeous red or a dark green, your bestie will love a new nail polish. If you’re feeling extra, throw in a nail file or some other tools for her, too! 

image via Pinterest 

Getting close to the holiday season can break the bank unless you’re careful! Follow these tips so you can save money and be the best friend ever! 

HCXO,

Alyssa

Alyssa Ginzburg

Illinois State '22

Hi! I'm Alyssa Ginzburg and I'm a Senior at ISU & I'm studying Middle Level Education! I love writing, fashion, and all things women empowering, which makes Her Campus the perfect environment to share my voice! Check out my Instagram and Twitter if you want to know more! :) Instagram: @alyssaginzburg Twitter: @AlyssaRhea1
Contributor account for Illinois State