This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Even as a Starbucks Gold Level customer, I still have moments of panic when it is my turn next at the register. It is hard to decide between different coffees and how many espresso shots are needed to get you through the day.

All you caffeine-craving college students and general coffee addicts know that Starbucks has 232 drinks on its ever-changing menu. From hot teas to flat whites, where do you even start? There are infinite ways to customize your drink, but with this little list, there is no need to worry. Here are some ideas to get you through the last home stretch of the semester.

Iced Skinny Mocha

My current holiday favorite. If you are craving a little sweet but not wanting to feel guilty for all the sugar, this is perfect. Order an iced skinny mocha with a few pumps of peppermint syrup and you will be in calorie free, thin mint, heaven.

Lightly Sweetened Chai Tea

Love chai tea but not all the sugar? Order a lightly sweetened chai tea, it has about half the calories. If you are still in the fall flavor mindset, then consider yourself lucky. Pumpkin spice is still in season so tell the Barista to add a few pumps to get your fix.

Strawberry Chai Tea Latte

If chai tea is your thing, then this is for you. Even though it is not on the menu board, do not stress, all you have to do is order a chai tea latte, recommend getting this one iced, and ask for a couple pumps of strawberry syrup. A little taste of sunshine and spice.

Matcha Green Tea Frappuccino

Matcha is having its moment this year, and it’s okay, you can hop on the bandwagon. The Matcha at Starbucks is on the sweeter side. When it’s ordered cold and topped with whipped cream, it is the perfect morning treat. If you can’t get enough of Matcha, Starbucks just introduced 3 new flavors.

Chestnut Praline White Mocha

Order a white chocolate mocha in the size of your liking and ask for the chestnut and praline syrups to be added to your mocha. The sweet and saltiness is amazing, a perfect morning pick-me-up.

Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew

A classic with a little twist. The sweet cream does a great job of counteracting the bitterness of the coffee. If this is your year round favorite, change it up a little bit by adding your favorite holiday syrups or sauces. Vanilla would go good with everything from gingerbread to toffee nut syrup.

Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate

Peppermint and salted caramel is sure to make it to the top five of everyone’s holiday drink list. But what about the non-coffee drinkers that just need something to warm them up? Order this white chocolate base hot cocoa that has a layer of cinnamon sugar on top. It is as if Cinnabon liquefied a cinnamon roll, liquefied it, then heated it up.

Hope you found something to satisfy that caffeine craving. Bottoms up! 

Trisha Fritz

Illinois State '19

Hi I am Trisha- a natural born leader with a proven track record on taking chaotic situations and turning them into something great and a wannabe pop-culture expert. I am graduating Illinois State University in 2019 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism with a minor in Writing. In college, I worked at the schools TV station, TV-10. While in school, I’ve managed and motivated my peers in the communication area while balancing a hectic work schedule in the service industry. Do not let my wittiness fool you, this is all just a plan for world domination.
Contributor account for Illinois State