This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Whether you are celebrating or dreading Valentine’s Day for whatever reason, you can’t go wrong with a good Romantic Comedy movie. This is personally my favorite genre of movies because they capture so many good emotions: laughter, love, sadness, anger, etc. I have compiled a list of some of my favorite Rom Coms and some pretty iconic ones as well.

50 First Dates

Lucy (Drew Barrymore) has short term memory loss so Henry Roth (Adam Sandler) has to try and woo her every day. This movie is one of my all time favorites because it is funny and pulls at your heartstrings.

The Wedding Singer

Heartbroken wedding singer Robbie (Adam Sandler) meets Julia (Drew Barrymore) and helps her plan her wedding while simultaneously falling in love with her and has to win her over.

Clueless

Rich and shallow Cher (Alicia Silverstone) is the queen of her high school. She sets up two teachers and then decides to give the klutzy new student Tai (Brittany Murphy) a makeover. When Tai becomes more popular than Cher, she realizes her ex-stepbrother (Paul Rudd) was right about her and she falls for him.

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before

Lara Jean (Lana Condor) wrote letters for all the boys she has ever loved. However, when they accidentally get mailed out, the boys are confused. One boy, Peter Kavinsky (Noah Centineo) just broke up with his girlfriend and he and Lara Jean agree to fake date each other but end up falling for each other. This movie is a sweet modern take on an accidental falling in love Rom Com.

Wedding Crashers

Jeremy (Vince Vaughn) and John (Owen Wilson) crash wedding receptions in their free time. They take it upon themselves to crash a high-profile wedding but things don’t go as planned once John meets a bridesmaid there, Claire (Rachel McAdams).

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Peter (Jason Segel) is a musician who is better known as the boyfriend of TV star Sarah Marshall (Kristen Bell). When Sarah dumps him, Peter decides to take a trip to Hawaii where he ultimately runs into Sarah and her new boyfriend (Russel Brand).

Blended

Recently-divorced Lauren (Drew Berrymore) with two kids and widowed Jim (Adam Sandler) with three kids go on a blind date set up by different work colleagues that goes horribly. They plan to never see each other, but as fate has it, they both end up on the same vacation trip to South Africa with all of their kids. I absolutely love this movie. It cracks me up and tells such a sweet story at the same time.

Just Friends

In high school, Chris (Ryan Reynolds) is in love with his best friend Jamie (Amy Smart). When she turns him down, they go their separate ways. 10 years later, Chris has a glow up returns back to his hometown when his winter break plans for Paris fall through. At home, he still longs for and tries to win over Jamie.

Pretty Woman

Businessman Edward (Richard Gere) hires hooker Vivian (Julia Roberts) for the weekend. As the two spend more time together, they start to fall for each other and experience hurdles while trying to overcome the obstacles of their very different lifestyles.

These are all great Rom Coms from different years that are fun to laugh at, cry at, and overall enjoy them.

Millie Dean

Illinois State '23

HI! My name is Millie and I love writing for Her Campus! I'm a senior at Illinois State University studying Public Relations and minoring in Graphic Design. My other interests include art, embroidery, thrifting, and photography. I love to be able to be creative in my interests and in my articles on Her Campus. Follow me on Instagram! @milliedean5
Contributor account for Illinois State