This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

So…. You’re single on Valentine’s Day, huh? A holiday where couples parade around with gifts and acts of kindness can make us single people feel a little sad and a little lonely. Don’t worry, that’s natural. Here are some things you can do to not feel so lonely and to recharge this Valentine’s Day!

Spend some time with your friends! 

Nothing makes me feel better than having a night in with my friends (just make sure you’re COVID safe!). A Galentine’s party is sometimes the cure to being alone on February 14th!

Take some time to take care of yourself.

Sometimes the best thing we can do for ourselves is to have a night in and take care of ourselves emotionally. Whether that means lighting a candle and listening to music or putting on a face mask, just take some time to take care of you!

Order from your favorite restaurant.

Food can cure all, right? You can definitely catch me ordering my favorite Chipotle bowl this Valentine’s Day. Also, calories don’t count on any holiday. 

Watch your favorite “feel good” show. 

We all have guilty pleasures. So, have a binge marathon of your favorite show! I’ll be binging The Originals and New Girl.

Treat yourself to some online shopping! 

Okay, don’t go too crazy, but sometimes treating yourself is necessary! So buy the sweater you’ve been eyeing for a while or buy that necklace. It doesn’t count on Valentine’s Day!

Being single on Valentine’s Day can be hard. However, there are so many ways you can turn it around by doing things for you! It’s always a good idea to take some time for yourself to recharge and reset for what’s to come throughout the week! Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to do that! 

HCXO,

Alyssa

Alyssa Ginzburg

Illinois State '22

Hi! I'm Alyssa Ginzburg and I'm a Senior at ISU & I'm studying Middle Level Education! I love writing, fashion, and all things women empowering, which makes Her Campus the perfect environment to share my voice! Check out my Instagram and Twitter if you want to know more! :) Instagram: @alyssaginzburg Twitter: @AlyssaRhea1