alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

She’s baaaccckkkk! Selena Gomez finally released not one, but two new tracks last week and I could not be more pumped about it! It’s been a while since she released a solo track (about 4 years) and she came back swinging. Last Wednesday, Selena released her latest hit “Lose You to Love me” and fans instantly fell in love with her totally relatable lyrics. You could feel the emotion and obstacles she’s had to overcome the last year, as it is heard in every word of her lyrics. 

In an exclusive interview with radio.com, she stated:

“I wanted to get out a lot of the feelings that I was experiencing, but in a way where it was, more saying I’m frustrated and I’m feeling these things and it’s complicated but I’m okay with closing this chapter and I’m okay with moving forward, which is something I’ve had a hard time with in the past.”

image via officialcharts.com

With this release and the emotion-filled song, fans have been speculating – Is this song about Justin Bieber?

While no one will ever really know except them – both Hailey and Justin Bieber have had reactions to Selena’s latest hit. 

Sources say that even though this is not ideal, they both understand the creative process artists go through and they aren’t fazed by the release of this song. Justin has moved on from that chapter in his life and only wishes happiness for Selena. 

However, Hailey initially sparked a little drama from Selena fans after posting a video of herself listening to Summer Walker’s “I’ll Kill You” literally minutes after the release of Selena’s new song. Her fans took it as a threat, but Hailey later denied that it had anything to do with Selena or her song. 

A couple hours later, Selena posted an Instagram Live urging her fans to not tear Hailey down and that women should stick together – not tear each other down. 

This tiny bump in the road didn’t stop Selena from surprising fans with another song a mere 24 hours later! She released “Look At Her Now” which is basically the most up-beat mantra about how far she has come in the last year and how well she is doing now. 

image via mtv.com 

We’re so glad Selena is back and better than ever! If she keeps it up, my entire playlist could potentially be dedicated to her… and I won’t be mad at it. 

HCXO,

Alyssa 

Alyssa Ginzburg

Illinois State '22

Hi! I'm Alyssa Ginzburg and I'm a Senior at ISU & I'm studying Middle Level Education! I love writing, fashion, and all things women empowering, which makes Her Campus the perfect environment to share my voice! Check out my Instagram and Twitter if you want to know more! :) Instagram: @alyssaginzburg Twitter: @AlyssaRhea1
Contributor account for Illinois State